Spin the Bottle ~ Jordan

Shannon looked at the camera and began to speak. "So we'll go around in a circle and one person will spin the bottle. Whoever it lands on, they have to kiss or be kissed by them. We'll start with Kyle."

Kyle stared at Shannon in surprise, and she stared back expectantly. "U-um, okay."

He reached forward and spun the bottle. Secretly, I hoped it landed on Johnnie. Like most people, in My Digital Escape or out, I shipped Kohnnie and we were almost to a million subscribers, but it was dangerously close to November. I hoped that we wouldn't have to get to a million subscribers to see Johnnie and Kyle kiss. But, it landed on Alex.

Alex wrinkled her nose, and Kyle glanced at Alex, unsure.

"Well? Are you guys going to kiss or what?" Bryan asked humorously.

Kyle blushed slightly and glared at Bryan before he looked at Alex. Alex nodded and he awkwardly leaned over the ketchup bottle. I watched as Alex leaned in and they both closed their eyes. They kissed for less than a second and then pulled away, both of them blushing. Neither of them looked as if they enjoyed it.

"Now it's Johnnie's turn, and we'll just keep going in that direction until we get to Amber," Shannon explained.  

Everybody watched Johnnie as he spun the bottle. A chorus of "OOOOOOOH"s erupted from the group as the bottle landed on Johnnie. Both of them blushed and I watched as both Johnnie and Kyle glanced in my direction, toward Amber. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Amber nod. Did she know something we didn't? I looked at her, trying to figure it out, but then I realized there was an actual Kohnnie kiss about to happen.

"Let's pretend we reached a million," Johnnie said to the camera before turning to Kyle.

Both of them leaned in and kissed.

"oOOOOoOOooooOOH! KOHNNIE IS REAL!" Everyone except Amber screeched.

However, it lasted longer. Everyone exchanged glances, unsure. I glanced at Amber and saw her eyes were wide. Was this the first gay thing she's seen? She looked pretty scared, but it seemed to not be for her sake, but for Kyle's and Johnnie's. I stiffened. What was going on? Amber cleared her throat and Kyle and Johnnie parted, just before it would've been a suspiciously long kiss.

"I hated every second of that," Kyle said.

"So did I," Johnnie replied.

I felt Amber relax a bit more beside me. It still confused me as to what was going on. But I decided to ignore it and watch as Shannon spun the bottle. It slowed and at first I thought it would be me, but it landed on Amber. Amber tensed up again and started blushing bright red, as did Shannon. I noticed that Bryan's eyes narrowed and he was staring at Amber. Was that...hatred? Jealousy? Whatever it was, it was new.

"I'm sorry about this," Shannon said as she leaned in.

"It's okay," Amber squeaked.

Shannon's lips met hers and I felt something in my stomach. What was it exactly? It made me tense up and feel like breaking them apart. Why could that be? I pushed the feeling deep down and watched as they parted. Shannon smiled apologetically at Amber and she smiled shyly back. Shannon returned to her place between Johnnie and Bryan. Bryan reached forward and spun the ketchup bottle.

I saw his gaze drift over to Shannon as it spun, more than once, actually, but it ended up landing on Cathie. Immediately they both blushed and Jeydon's eyes flitted between them, as if he was thinking hard about something.

"OOOOOOOH," Johnnie imitated Bryan.

The look of pure hatred Bryan gave Johnnie was something I'd never forget. Bryan quickly leaned in and kissed Cathie quickly before pulling back. Neither of them said anything, so Alex spun the ketchup bottle. It stopped, pointed at Johnnie. Alex wrinkled her nose and Johnnie made a face.

"Let's get this over with," Alex grumbled.

She leaned forward and kissed him then sat back down. She immediately wiped her lips and Johnnie did the same. I inwardly sighed. It was like Alex and Johnnie hated each other. Cathie spun the bottle and I watched curiously.

It stopped spinning and my heart stopped. I looked over at Cathie, my eyes wide. She was staring at the bottle, surprised. Both of us had expected it to be someone else. Honestly, her kissing Jeydon would've made my day, but I guess that wasn't going to happen. She leaned in, so I did, too. We kissed for a split second and then pulled apart. She was a great person and a great friend, and I'll admit that she was really pretty, but I just didn't feel a connection. I could tell that she didn't, either. I pursed my lips and watched as Jeydon spun the bottle.

Eventually, it landed on Shannon. Once again, I saw Bryan clenching his fists and looking down as Jeydon and Shannon reluctantly leaned in. The kiss was over quicker than it had begun and we moved on. I reached forward and spun the bottle. I didn't really want it to land on anyone, everybody here were my friends and friends alone. I hoped my friendship wouldn't be ruined with whoever it landed on.

Jeydon's eyes and mine connected as the bottle stopped, pointing toward him. We stayed like that in awkward silence for a few seconds. I hesitated, but I knew I had to do it. There was no way they would let me back out of the game now. I leaned in and kissed him quickly before pulling back. We both wiped our mouths on our sleeves.

I avoided looking at Jeydon and instead focused on Amber as she spun the bottle. It landed on herself. She glanced around, confused.

"Spin it again," Shannon suggested.

Amber nodded and spun it. The silence was deafening, practically, as we all waited to see who it landed on. The bottle stopped, as did my heart. I glanced at Amber, and she stared up at me with wide eyes.

It had landed on me.

Bryan, Jeydon, and Cathie smirked at us. I felt my cheeks heating up, and I could see Amber getting bright red as well.

"KISS ALREADY!" Bryan ordered.

"Uh," I glanced at the camera. "Oh, look, we passed our time limit!"

"Time limit?" Johnnie questioned.

"I mean-uh-the batteries are dead!" I said.

"That's bullsh-" Jeydon began, but he stopped once he glanced at the camera. "Oh, wait, it is."

Shannon, Kyle, and Bryan immediately got up and checked. Their facial expressions changed; Bryan looked angry, Kyle looked slightly relieved, and Shannon was disappointed.

"Did we do all of that for nothing?" Bryan asked angrily.

"It probably literally just died," I suggested.

"We'll have to see," Shannon said and she grabbed the camera, walking out of the room.

Amber and I both let out a sigh of relief. Now it wouldn't be awkward between us. Cathie walked over to us with a smirk.

"You guys got lucky this time," Cathie said.

Both Amber and I laughed. I'm just glad we didn't have to kiss.

I glanced at Amber and for a split second, just a second, I wished that we had.