4.

[ Autumn ]

Autumn • 18

Autumn • 18

Essence's pov:

After our talk, I told Nyx to leave me alone for the rest of the day. I just wasn't in the mood for anyone's company. If I could, I would've stayed in the bed all day just like yesterday, but I had to go to work.

I promised my dad I would help pay the bills since I was 18 now. He also insisted having a job would be a good thing because I'll get out the house more, I beg to differ.

Before I moved here I applied to many jobs. I ended up getting the one I wanted which was hot topic cashier at the local mall.

My reasonings for wanting this job was because it matched my aesthetic, It didn't take much to get hired, and they allowed you to wear what you wanted.

I decided to wear ripped jeans and a long sleeve today to cover up my recent scars. My arm felt itchy, I knew it was because of the sweater irritating my cuts.

Putting my lanyard around my neck, I left out of my room. My sister stood in the hallway, crossing her arms. I sighed knowing whatever that is about to come out her mouth is going to piss me off.

"I know what you been doing."

I raised an eyebrow, what have I been doing? "What do you mean-"

"I've heard you down there talking to someone, you've been sneaking in girls." Ellie said continuing to cross her arms. She must've overheard me talking to Nyx yesterday. I couldn't explain to her that Nyx was a ghost so I stood there speechless.

"Yea, I'm telling dad." My sister started to walk off. "Wait- I grabbed her arm. "Too late, he's going to ground you!" She snatched away from my hold and started running. I chased after her desperate to shut her big ass mouth.

Even though I'm 18 I had a lot of rules to follow while I still lived with my dad and one of them was not to bring anybody home without letting him know first.

My big mouth ass sister was about to get me in trouble because of that. I continued to chase her around when I realized I'm running late for work. It's my first day fuck it, I have to deal with this when I get home.

On my way to work I walked by a soccer field. I saw kids playing, it look like an all girls team. It reminded me of mine back home. I was one of the best on my team and I had potential to go national. After the tragedy with my mom, I wasn't feeling it no more. My teammates tried to get me to come to practices but slowly, they stopped caring just like everybody else.

The white and black soccer ball rolled towards my feet. I looked up seeing the kids staring back at me. I awkwardly kicked it back to them, one of them thanked me. I nodded my head walking away, not wanting to look like some creep watching them any longer.