6.

[ The party ]

Nyx • (age unknown)

Nyx • (age unknown)

After work

Essence's pov:

Working with Autumn has been good. When Nyx mentioned that she liked me, I denied it but I'm not dumb. Autumn has been very flirtatious with me and even though I wasn't planning on doing it back, I have been slipping up from time to time.

It's nice to have somebody show their interest in me. I felt seen for the first time... in a long time and I couldn't let that go.

Autumn invited me to a party that was happening later tonight and I'm definitely not the party person? But I needed to boost my social life and this will give me more time with Autumn outside of work.

So I told her I'm down, she texted back saying "aight' I'll pick you up @ 9." Embarrassingly I forgot another rule my dad had for me. If I wanted to go somewhere with somebody? I'd have to introduce them to him first. It shouldn't be that big of a problem.

I texted Autumn back. "Hey, this is embarrassing but you have to go in and meet my dad lol." I clicked send and put my phone back in my pocket.

Fuck I need an outfit for the party.

I started rummaging through my clothes.

My whole closet was full of dark and... not so cool clothes. I stood in front of my closet trying to decide what to pick when I saw something in the corner of my eye.

A floating magazine, I thought my eyes were tripping but they weren't. "What the fuck?" I muttered to myself, Nyx shown herself. "You know your dad reads this shit? It's a pornograph look!" She shoved it in my face.

"Okay, okay girl I see. I mean he's lonely what you expect?" I examined the magazine seeing the naked girls on the front page. "Might keep this for myself- where you going?" Nyx questioned seeing all the clothes piled up on my bed, I was really struggling to find an outfit.

I smiled answering her question. "A party I got invited to. I need to find an outfit, want to help? Because right now you're distracting me." I continued looking for an outfit finally picking some ripped jeans, hoodie, and beanie to match.

"Who invited you?" Nyx asked, her tone was sharp.

"Autumn." I replied. She let out a heavy sigh, I didn't understand why Nyx didn't like Autumn. She didn't have any problem showing her distaste in Autumn anytime I mentioned her name.