9.

[ Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters! ]

Essence • 18

Essence's pov:

My eyes shuttered open the natural sunlight shined from the little window that was in my room. I turned around seeing Nyx sound asleep right beside me.

Hm she sleeps now? Weird.

She told me she never gets tired and as a ghost? I believed that, maybe she really is changing but why?

I got up quietly letting her sleep, probably been years since she last did that. I got dressed since I was completely naked. Before I left my room I admired her peaceful resting position. I always seen her so energetic, it was nice to see her be the relax one for once.

Rubbing my eyes, I walked to the kitchen to get me a glass of water, since Nyx failed to bring me some last night.

While consuming the much-needed beverage from our activities last night. The doorbell had rung, it was early in the morning who could it be?

Before I could get it, my dad rushed over to answer the door. Once he opened it, three large dudes in almost like hazmat suits greeted him asking him was this the residence of Mr. Keller's home.

My dad replied, yes and let them in. He told them that there was a spirit roaming around our house, I almost chocked on my drink.

He had to be talking about Nyx. When did he find out about her existence? Was he giving into what Ellie was saying?

"Dad do you really think bringing these-" I observed the 3 tall guys infront of me, they resembled the famous Ghost Busters. I was only joking to Nyx when I said people that existed... but I'd be damnned.

"...People would make Ellie stop imagining stupid ghost?"

"No!" He held my face in his hands. "Their real Essence, I saw it last night. I-I thought I was tripping when I went back out to check again I saw it in the kitchen." He said sounding panicked.

One of the three guys wrote something down.

Oh no! "Uh okay..." I backed away and ran back to my room trying not to be suspicious, but I probably failed.

I closed the door behind me and ran over to Nyx who was floating asleep. I tried to shake her awake, but my hands went right through her see through body.

Fuck...

Think, Essence think.

I could use my voice duh? I got as close as possible to her ear and screamed as loud as I could. Her eyes shot open instantly. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" She snapped.

"I'm sorry you was sleep and-"

"Wait? I fell asleep?"

"Yes but-"