7. (pt 2)

[ Rejection & Reconnection ]

Essence • 18

"Dad I'm telling you, the place is haunted!"

"Ellie ghost aren't real-"

"Ughh why won't you believe me? It tried to kill me- look Essense knows." My sister said pointing at me, I just came from out of my room to leave out for work.

"Uhh."

"I-It said leave your sister alone or much worst will happen to you than crying. It's her demon ghost that's trying to hurt me!" Ellie continued to cry. I had no idea Nyx was tormenting my sister, but there's no way my dad would believe her, even if he always takes her side.

I shook my head, laughing and leaving out the door.

I'll have to thank Nyx when I get home.

ᥫ᭡

When I got to work, Autumn was talking to one of friends at the cashier. I wonder if one of them was going to steal today, I walked right past her rolling my eyes, she grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"Wait hold on' no good morning?" Autumn smirked at me. I would usually say goodmorning to her every time I clock in, but after the kiss, things just felt awkward.

"Morning." I pulled away from her grip and continued walking to the back. "Give me a minute." I heard Autumn say to her friend, she ran after me.

"Is this about our kiss?"

"Oh so you remember." I turned around crossing my arms.

"No, but it's the only reason you would be acting this way." She answered, I looked down at my creased up forces. I didn't want her to know the kiss or more so, her response to it was bothering me.

"Look Essense." Autumn lifted up my chin, "I didn't mean to confuse you or anything, you're a very pretty girl but I ain't into masc. We can continue being friends I hope it won't be weird betwe-"

"Nope it won't!" I turned around placing my belongings into my locker. Since the first day I met her she was trying to flirt with me, now all of sudden she isn't into masc? But why did she kiss me? I should listen Nyx when she said she wasn't no good.

Autumn sighed leaving out the room once she seen I didn't have any thing else to say. I sighed as well, I have to work a 5 hour shift with her... This is going to painfully awkward.

Nyx's pov:

Ellie's nagging about me to her father was so hilarious. She's been complaining about it all day, but like any sane person her dad doesn't believe her. Little does he know? I am real and I've been living with them since the first day they moved in.

I had to haunt her again just for the fun of it.

I left out of Essence's room and stood in the hallway. I then tried to switch to my haunting form but nothing changed I looked down and I was still translucent. "What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself, I tried once again but I was out of luck.

"Fuck going on with my powers?" I concentrated harder and finally got it to work, but I only stayed invisible for 2 seconds. I started to get frustrated, "Ellie did you clean your room yet?" Ellie and Essence's dad yelled coming my way.

Shit.

I ran back inside Essence's room and hid.

ᥫ᭡

I hid in Essence's room for hours, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and it was Essence. "What are you doing down here?" Essence questioned placing down her stuff and taking her curly hair out of a messy bun.

"My powers aren't working!" I floated up to her, shaking her body showing my distress. "Okay, okay get off me." She moved away and thought for a moment.

"Could it be related to you gaining your ability to feel back?" She asked, I never thought about that or how weird it was that I was gaining different abilities and losing others.

"No, I don't know? I never had this problem in the 20+ years of me being a ghost." I started to panic, what if I'm descending? I never believed in a heaven or hell? Where would I go?

Essence could see the panic look on my face. "Calm down, let's figure this out. What have you been doing different lately that may be triggering this to happen?" Essence questioned.

I thought about it, what have I been doing differently? "Well let me see, falling in love with you? Possessing your coworker? Seeing my ex's daughter at the party-" I accidentally said out loud.

Essence eyes grew wide as she stood there processing what she just heard. "Falling in love- possessing who? Autumn? The party? You were at the party?!" She shouted trying to figure things out.

She turned towards me. "When I brought her inside, you possessed her?" She started walking back and forth.

"Yes-"

"You were Autumn the whole time? Meaning... I kissed you instead of her?" Essence concluded, for a second I thought she sounded relieved.

"Yes, it was me you kissed. Your lips felt so soft-"

"No fuck you." Essence moved away. "Why would you do that? You lied to me. Pretended to be somebody and tricked me, and of all people my coworker? I told Autumn about our kiss and thanks to you. Things are hella' awkward between us now." She snapped, I was lost for words I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

"Essence it's not like that-"

"No it's quite simple actually, you like me or as you say "in love" with me. So you possess somebody close to me just to put your fucking lips on me? Or her lips? Whatever the fuck."

"Eh technically it would just be her lips but I was the one controlling them so we could say-"

"Nyx get the fuck out of my room!"

"But my powers? I can't go anywhere else I'll get caught."

"Not my problem."

Ouch, Essence words caused a sinking feeling in my chest, I wanted to explain myself but it was like a lump formed into my throat stopping me from doing so.

Essence started taking off her clothes. "What are you still standing there for? Get out before I call somebody to come remove your ass."

"And who may that be?"

"There's some ghost buster feening ass people out there, keep playing and you'll find out."

Tuh.

Even though Essence didn't have the power to remove me herself. I left out of her room willingly and gave her that space.

I was in the wrong and I could admit it.

The 🔚.