11

[ This Is Only The Beginning ]

omniscient pov:

"Luke we shouldn't be doing this..." A girl said, tapping Luke's shoulder. It was midnight and Luke, the girl, and a few more friends were outside of Naomi's home.

They wanted to scare her for the altercation that happened earlier that day in school.

They knew her parents were out of town that week thanks to Vanessa, who cluelessly told them. "Why? We're just gonna mess with her a bit." Luke put his mask on and got out of the car, so did his other friends.

The girl who was having second thoughts did as well. They snuck onto Naomi's lawn and started scoping out her house for a way in. "Yo, we could break the window? I bet that would scare her ass." Somebody pointed out.

Luke nodded his head agreeing. He motioned one of his friends to get a hammer out of his car. Once they handed it to him. He stepped back, smashing the window into little pieces of glass.

He safely cleared out the remaining glass and stepped inside the girl's home. His friends came in after following Luke who still had the hammer in his hand.

From all the noise Naomi, who was sound asleep in her bedroom woke up. She knew she was supposed to be home alone so immediately she reached for her phone. She dialed 9-1-1 but stopped when she heard Luke's voice.

"Oh freak, where are ya'?" He taunted roaming around her pitch black house. Naomi clutch her fist infuriated. She got up out of bed and opened her door quietly.

She didn't need the police. She was going to handle him, herself. What she didn't know though was he had a weapon on him.

Even though it was dark. Naomi knew her way around the house living there her whole entire life. She found out where he stood and launched at him.

Accidentally, he hit her upside the head with the hammer knocking her to floor. "Oh shit!" One of the friends shouted. Naomi groaned in pain holding her head.

Somebody flicked the light switch. Luke took off his mask and looked down at a wounded Naomi. She held her leaking forehead. "We wasn't supposed to hurt her!" Another one of his friends shouted.

Luke stood there staggered by what he done. "Oh you're going to jail." Naomi laughed still holding her head.

Luke had everything going for him, a major scholarship to one of the best colleges out of state, thanks to his athleticism. He couldn't... he wasn't going to let this get in the way of that.

Even if that meant ending Naomi's life.

"No im not..." He reached for Naomi. Immediately she tried to get out of his hold, but he was bigger and stronger. Everyone around him watched as he strangled the smaller girl.

Nobody dared to help as they stood there in fear.

"I—I can't." Said the girl who was having second thoughts, she ran out of the house. Luke didn't care and he didn't stop strangling Naomi till she showed no signs of breathing.

Finally, he got up from on top of her. He looked back at his friends, who stood there in shock. "Trash the place." He ordered.