Chapter Six

"Is there something wrong with the food?"

"What? No, it's absolutely delicious"

"Delicious when you haven't even tasted it, Mrs.Graham?"

You bite down on your lips in nervousness as Hannibal stares at you with a smirk.

He is examining your reaction to his words and so far you look like you are ready to break under pressure.

"I told you earlier that (Y/n) is a vegan."

"You did? I must have forgotten about it."

Your gaze shifts to your husband, grateful that he has answered for you.

You shuddered, though, at Hannibal's icy, direct response to the excuse.

"Will told me you like to watch true crime documentaries" 

Hannibal changes the subject to not cause discomfort and to manipulate you into believing that everything is safe.

"Yes, I find them thrilling" you explain, taking a sip from your water.

This is the only thing legal to drink on this cannibalistic table...the wine could be blood.

The Psychiatrist doesn't remove his eyes from you as a way of intimidation.

Something which Will noticed and disliked.

"In some cases this could be a way of exploring our dark interests without acting on them ourselves."

Hannibal's words cause you to clutch into the glass, wanting this to end quickly.

You love Hannibal Lecter because he is a well written interesting character.

However, right now, you want to get as far away from him or at least not converse with him.

Maybe the Hobbit was a safer option.

"Dr. Lecter, you can be confident that I don't have any evil plans to murder you." You joke lightly.

He teases back, "I am more worried about Will than I am about myself," as he fixes his gaze on his patient.

Will regrated making you attend dinner with him, he feels jealous of Hannibal.

Adding to that, you are extremely shy in reality so why are you all extrovert now?

Will feels like your personality changed 360° when you met Hannibal.

That did not sit well with him.

°°°
Hannibal asked you to help him clean the table after dinner while Will went to wash his hands.

"No" you reply unconsciously.

Hannibal raises an eyebrow at you.

"Would you please repeat that? I did not hear you.

"No...I don't mind helping you clean up the table."   

Hannibal notices your timidness as he leads you into the kitchen.

Seeing this as a good opportunity, he begins speaking to you in a private manner.

"I get it that you have not told your husband yet about your past." He whispers.

Hannibal's voice is alluringly modulated.

After he hands you the dishes to wash it, Hannibal moves to step behind you.

This makes you feel uneasy and your heart rate starts to rise faster and faster.

But this is not the last problem.

Hannibal places his right hand on your hip in a seductive manner.

It makes your skin crawl and you have to bite your lips to keep yourself from gasping.

You wanna run away and hide.

If Hannibal and you have a past together that means only one thing.

You might be also a cannibal like him.

"Please keep your distance, I am a married woman."

Hannibal simply ignores you, pressing his chest against your back and holding up a knife to see your and his reflections in it.

"Do you remember the first lesson I taught you?"

As soon as he rests his chin on your left shoulder, you take a small swallow.

"Never get attached to your prey"

You were definitely a cannibal and an aquinatnce of Hannibal Lecter.

Perhaps even a lover?

You don't like your version in this universe at all.