Chapter Twelve (New)

"That you look exactly like his mother, my late wife"

"Well, I'm not your wife, and I'm a halfing between a human and a hobbit" you point out the difference.

He is much taller than you, bending down to get a closer look at your face.

"You could easily pass as an elleth"

"This might be true, but anyone would eventually realize I'm not connected to your race"

"You seem to not notice what I'm implying here..."

As Thranduil speaks, you are trying to think of a way to earn points.

A few thousand points and you will be able to travel to whereever you like.

"I have a deal for you and your friends"

You are snapped out of your thoughts by the Elvenking's emphasis on the word 'deal', causing you to fixate your attention on him.

"What is the deal?"

"You stay here in Mirkwood, and I shall free them"

Knowing very well, that the dwarves with the help of Bilbo will escape from the dungeons, you refused the offer.

"No"

"So, you would rather your friends rot in the dungeons?"

Seeing the angry look on Thranduil's face, you sigh.

"Why do you wish to keep me here? Do you want me to braid your here?"

"Excuse me?"

"Can I please braid your hair?"

Your childish pleading shocked him as Thranduil touches his hair.

The only reason you made this request is to get out of the uncomfortable situation.

Also, you are curious about his reaction to such a thing.

"This is improper" the king replies.

But deep down Thranduil doesn't actually mind if you braid his hair.

"I don't mind if you braided my hair instead" Legolas exclaims.

You have forgetten that Legolas and Tauriel are in the throne with you.

Thranduil and Tauriel look at the prince with puzzlement as you beam with happiness.

Seeing the interaction between you and his son, the king of Mirkwood makes a decision.

He was planning on marrying you, but he realized that Legolas is a better match.

Also Thranduil sees Tauriel unsuitable, knowing very well that she would never reciprocate his son's feelings 

And his son deserves the best.

Even though marrying him to a halfing like yourself could be considered social slander in Mirkwood.

But as mentioned before, you could easily pass as one of his kind.

"It's settled then, you shall marry Legolas"

Your eyes widens in shock and disbelief, same goes to Legolas.

"Father, you can't do that, you cannot force her" Legolas argues.

"Indeed, she should have an opinion-"

Thranduil stops Tauriel from speaking.

"Don't interfare with matters that doesn't concern you, and know your place"

Seeing the situation heating up, you quickly cut in to ease it.

"I think it's kind of creepy to marry your son to someone who looks like his mother"

Trying to explain the uneasiness of the subject, Thranduil smirks as he returns back to his throne.

He crosses one leg over the other in a dramatic manner.

"I give you two choices"

You have a feeling that those two choices are not going to be pleasing.

"The two choices are rather you marry me or Legolas"

Now, this is madness, it's rather you marry Thranduil and Legolas becomes your son-in -law or marry Legolas and Thranduil becomes your father-in-law.

However you came to the conclusion that you won't be staying here for long, and will leave before the wedding.

You don't wish to break the heart of the Elf-prince, so...

"I will marry you"

You announce, staring at Thranduil.

However, there is one problem you don't know about.

The system is down and it will take days for Adam to fix it.

"The wedding will be tomorrow then"