Mending.

"Who...?"

~~~

It had been several weeks since Pink had been seen and it worried a lot of people. Not Purple, but he also kept saying she was sick.

In that time, Crystal and Gold worked together to piece together the two kids. It wasn't easy since Purple was avoiding them and Pink wasn't there.

End of the month was a different story.

Pink was seen in the courtyard and in some classrooms. But she stayed at a distance. Gold finally called out to her.

"Pink!" The purple haired female was quietly writing in a notebook, raising many red flags. He shot a look at Sapphire, who nodded and alerted the Flames near her. He went over to Pink before she looked up.

"Yes?" He smiled faintly, hoping to understand.

"All good?" She tilted her head. "You look lost." She went to answer, but the bell cut their talk short. He frowned as she slipped away. Sapphire went over.

"We have a problem."

~

Utilizing that Pink was acting weird, they gathered info that she was showing the "new kid" syndrome. Silver reached out to their alumni allies, who all decided to meet at one house to figure it out. They also decided to invite Pink herself. She tried to say that she wouldn't have a ride since she takes the bus and lives far away, but Gold told her that they would have someone drop her off at home. It took a few class periods, but she finally agreed and joined the group on the walk home. Crystal kept checking her phone. Purple had yet to show.

Eventually, they arrived at the 4's house, where Red let them in. They all got to talking before Gold took notice of Pink staying near the corner. Blue went over and sat down next to her, gaining her attention. Very quickly, she warmed up to him and they went into a deeper conversation. Gold gulped.

"Here we go."

~

She did open up to the group. But her response said it all.

"What... do you mean?"

Blue held her close as she stared at the folder. Apparently nothing that was her life before stayed. In the time she had vanished, she had practically been given a new life. She was still Pink, but she now was referred to as Pink Alolys. No twin brother or memory problems. Just lived with her gran at the edge of town. She frowned.

"This... what..." Gold rubbed her back.

"We'll figure it out. But you can trust us." She nodded softly as she trembled.

~

Crystal tracked Purple down, who stayed well hidden in the Red Ranks' classroom. He showed concern at her words.

"I was told she was sick. Why would they lie about that..." She doubted his words, but left it. This was not the time to fight him for the truth.

He attempted to talk to her, but she was very confused. Silver did hear something that told him that Purple knew what happened. He kept it to a whisper, but Silver still caught it.

"You'll understand in due time." Pink looked confused as he left. Silver gulped. What was he up to?

~

Pink did sorta restore her memories of the group, so she opened up quickly. But the trio seniors knew something was up.