Chapter 23

Your heart raced as the man who grabbed you pulled you into an alleyway. You'd lost sight of Hawks completely, your heart dropping as you struggled against him. It only took a second for the man to pin you against the wall, your cheek throbbing as you were pushed against the rough surface forcefully, biting into your skin. You could hear him shuffling behind you, your heart pounding as you tried to turn your head. Was he doing what you thought he was? Fear gripped you until you remembered this man worked for Kuro; there was no way he would allow any of his thugs to assault you like that, not if he wanted you back home.

Instead, the man pulled out a phone, quickly dialing a number and putting it on speaker, Kuro's voice coming through the phone, echoing off the walls.

"Did you get her?" He asked quickly, his voice harsh and cold, and your heart dropped just hearing it.

"Yes, Boss, you're on speaker with her now." The man replied, keeping a firm grip on your arm, and you already knew you'd have bruises of his fingerprints etched into your flesh tomorrow. He'd be in trouble once Kuro saw them; he was the only one that was allowed to mark you, but that wasn't your problem. This dumbass could figure that out himself.

"You've gotten awfully brave since you left here, Y/N. I hope you enjoyed being a hero's little slut. It's time for your worthless ass to come back home. You're going to give me a son this time if it's the last thing you fucking do." Your heart stopped, your blood running cold at his words. He wanted you to come home for what? You sucked in a breath, trying to stop the tears that were rolling down your face as anger coursed through you. How dare he demand that of you, like you were some kind of dog to be used for breeding. It wasn't happening, not after everything he had done.

"Why me?" You snapped back angrily, not even bothering to try and mask your feelings. "The girl you cheated on me with couldn't do it for you?"

"Because I fucking own you! I took you in when your parents kicked you out, I provided for you. You are mine." He snarled in response, the words making you flinch. They were true, and you knew it. He had taken you in, his parents allowing you to live with him. They provided you with help when you needed it. "Besides, she wasn't that good of a fuck."

Your heart twisted at his words, pulling fresh tears from you. Somehow, him saying that the other girl wasn't good made the betrayal that much worse. "She was good enough to destroy our family. I loved you, Kuro, and you decided it wasn't enough." You retorted bitterly, and Kuro started laughing in response, causing you to clench your jaw in frustration.

"Get over yourself. But speaking of family, If you want any chance of seeing Himari again, get your ass home and spread your fucking legs." he said, his words sharp as the man behind you suddenly shoved her face against the wall again firmly, causing you to cry out in pain. The wetness against your cheek seemed to increase, the blood from your scrape now mingling with your tears and dripping down your face.

"I don't know what bullshit that fucking winged idiot has been filling your head with, but you know your place deep down is warming my cock, that's all you're good for after all."

You opened your mouth to retort, but a gust of wind blew through the alleyway, and the atmosphere seemed to suddenly change with it. Your eyes moved, widening as Hawks' voice sliced through the air, talking into the phone his feathers had taken from the jackass that had you pressed against the brick. Your cheek was stinging, and you wanted nothing more than to be able to push away from the wall. You could just see him out of the corner of your eye, your vision blurry. He looked absolutely terrifying, the amber of his eyes seeming to glow in the darkness of the alleyway, his wings spread as much as the space would allow, feathers puffed up. He looked dangerous, an absolute predator, living up to his hero name in every sense, and Kuro's thug shifted nervously as he stared him down.