Chapter 8

When he stepped out of the elevator, Jimin was very tired from the events of the day. He just wanted to go home and get a hug from his lovely pups and cute brother. He so badly wanted to be enveloped in familiar, comforting scents. He had been walking toward the exit in absent mind listening to Kyung's fun story about a weird client when he heard that voice.

"Mr. Jeon."

It was the last thing he wanted to hear that day.

And he wasn't ready to face him.

But of course, luck never seemed to be on his side.

Both Jimin and Kyung stopped hearing that voice. Jimin was sure his friend could sense his uneasiness because Kyung shifted close to him.

And before he could see, he could smell him.

The strong wave of fresh rain hit, catching him off guard.

He wasn't ready for this. It had been five years since he had smelled that smell. Oh, how much he had missed it. He closed his eyes for a moment to gather himself before facing a certain alpha.

"How can I help you."

His voice was surprisingly steady. The years of emotion and scent control must be paying off. But how much he tried to control himself his inner omega was a mess. Running around in cycles with newfound happiness due to the presence of its mate.

There in front of him stood full of his glory, the Min Yoongi.

He hadn't changed much for the past five years. There was his cold stone face and calculating feline eyes. His jet-black hair, neatly styled, framed his pale face. His sharp, almond-shaped eyes were a deep brown, and they bore a gaze that could pierce through the thickest of walls. His cat-like features were prominent. Jimin always thought they were more like a panther rather than a cat with his fierce personality. Whatever, here the alpha whom he had been desperately trying to avoid now standing in front of him.

"Can we talk for a moment?"

Yoongi asked again.

Jimin wanted to say no. He had plenty of excuses to give. But he knew he should clear things before this vacation. Otherwise, things were going to be awkward between them. And he didn't want others to get uncomfortable because of him. More especially he didn't want to let his younger brother find out the history between them. He refused to cause conflict between the two band members.

"You are Min Yoongi, aren't?"

Fortunately, Kyung broke the silence since Jimin was taking his time to answer.

"Yes, and you?"

Yoongi asked in his usual monotone voice, calculating the other alpha.

"I'm Lee Kyung, Jimin's personal lawyer and best friend."

Jimin could see Yoongi had recognized his best friend. After all, they were both from the same elite class. Yoongi was the second heir of the richest Min Empire, and Lee Kyung was the owner of the richest low firm. And Jimin wasn't sure where he would fit in.

"Nice to meet you." Yoongi at least tried to be polite. "I'm sorry, but do you mind if I ask your friend for coffee."

Lee Kyung didn't know why this alpha wanted to have a sudden coffee with his friend. But he could see there was something between them clearly. He eyed Jimin to figure out if he was okay to be alone with this alpha.

"I can give you a few minutes."

Jimin finally answered throwing a glance at his friend to say it was okay.