Chapter 9

"I'm sorry, Namgil-ssi; I promise it won't be more than a few days."

Jimin talked on the phone with fake politeness. Listening absent-mindedly to what was being said on the other side, he looked down at the twins walking beside him. They were both freshly bathed and dressed in fresh clothes, with candy on their hands, slowly eating. Jimin usually didn't let his pups have candy more often. But yesterday, they had behaved well. So, they deserved a little treat.

"Yeah, I understand. Goodbye."

Jimin hung over the phone, mouthing fucker under his breath. His manager was a pain in the ass, and now that he had an issue with Jimin, he took a few days off from his work. His boss or HR department didn't have any issues since Jimin was a star worker in their company. But his manager, that stinky man, always had problems with Jimin.

Pushing all his thoughts away from that man, Jimin turned to his kids with a smile.

"Are you ready to meet Uncle Kookie?"

"Yeah!"

"Uncle Kookie!"

Both pups exclaimed with happiness, bouncing on their feet.

Jimin also smiled, holding their hands. When Jungkook woke up last night, both pups were still asleep, so now they were eager to meet their uncle. So, when Jimin took the last turn of the corridor, both of them were jumping on energy, ready to run ahead. Good thing they were in the VIP area, which didn't have many people.

"Don't run. Remember, Uncle Kookie is injured. So, you need to be careful."

Jimin gently remembered two pups stopping them. He didn't want two energetic pups to jump up into Jungkook's bed.

"We will be careful, Eomma."

Minjun, the always obedient child, said.

"We will be good Eomma."

His twin also echoed her brother's words.

With a soft smile at his adorable kids, Jimin bowed politely at a few guards at Jungkook's door before opening the door with a gentle knock.

Half of him except his brother would be still sleeping with all the pain medications doctors had given him, but to his surprise, the young alpha was widely awake when Jimin entered with two pups. But on the other hand, it wouldn't be much of a surprise, because he knew very well that Jungkook had a problem sleeping in unfamiliar places.

"Hyung!!"

The young alpha on the hospital bed screamed, seeing who had come with a huge smile.

"Uncle Kookie!!"

Two pups screamed louder than their uncle and ran away from his bed, throwing away all the words Jimin had said before from the window. But they stopped at the high bed, looking very at their usual energetic uncle Kookie, wrapped in bandages.

"Minji, Minjoon, what I said about running."

Jimin scolded two kids for coming to bed and placing all the bags he had been holding on the nightstand.

"Is it hurt?"

Ignoring their mother, the eldest of the twins, little Minji pointed to the cast that was wrapped around Jungkook's arm, which he was hanging from his neck with a strip.

"It looks hurt."

Minjun, the younger twin, said in a soft voice that she was close to crying after seeing their uncle get hurt.