chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Welcome Reese." Killian poured a pot of tea, letting it steep as the two talked.

"Hm. It's good to see you again. The last Time we talked, we were little kids. Iliya has been nagging me to come see you, and tutoring your...what is Atticus to you actually?" Reese tilted his head in confusion.

"Atticus is my mate, we have completed a scent exchange. I have not talked to him about...tying the not, as the humans say." Killian rubbed the back on his neck sheepishly.

"I see. Iliya has talked wonders about Atticus, so I expect great things from him. Was all the carnage outside from him?" Reese asked, a grin splitting open on his face.

"Yes, actually. You see, Atticus started off with Meredith, then went to Aamon, then came here, and him being here has caused a lot of uproar among my people. A few months after that, an angel came, his name is Conner, and he was a previous friend of Atticus's when he was an angel. Atticus is a dream demon, a fallen angel." Killian explained.

"A dream demon? Rare. I imagine he was an angel that could enter human's dreams, but since he fell, he became a hybrid. At least, that what you suspect." Reese mused.

"You know me too well." Killian groaned. "Atticus is upstairs resting with Conner, he overexerted his powers and passed out mid flight." Killian stood up to tend to the tea, pouring a cup for each of them. He offered one to Reese who gladly accepted.

"Thank you, this is nice after along journey. I guess the castle is more crowed than ever before." Reese's wings fluttered.

"Your wings are beautiful; you finally came out of the chrysalis it seems." Killian mocked.

"Mph hmm." Reese rolled his eyes. The twos attention was drawn to the door, a knock resounded around the room.

"Come on in." Killian gave the person permission to enter. The first thing that entered the room was hopper, she darted across the floor and onto the sofa, resting in Killian's lap.

"Hello killian." Conner walked into the room.

"What is it that you need, and why are you still carrying Atticus?" Killian raised an eyebrow.

"He wanted to see you, but couldn't get out of bed comfortably. I said that I would carry him. He wanted to be near you." Killian saw conners bitter glance, he knew the man wished for Atticus to need or at least want him as well.

"Very well, set him beside me. I'm sure he will mostly be sleeping. Would you like to meet a childhood best friend of mine? He is here to tutor Atticus." Killian patted the couch beside him. Conner nodded in agreement, setting Atticus down on Killian's lap, after killian moved hopper out of the way. Hopper crawled onto Atticus's lap soon after being pushed off, the three making a comfortable pile. Conner sat pressed into the couch awkwardly. Killian looked over; he saw Conner clearly feeling out of place. He pulled the smaller man towards him, letting him lean on his shoulder.

"Your fine." Killian rubbed the small of conners back.

"Clearly your home has been put to good use." Reese looked at the people now piled on killian, oh, and the little dragon.

"That looks like a river snapper. They are a primarily nocturnal dragon that tends to dwell in the water." Reese observed.

"I see. then we should get her some water to stay in? We were not aware of her breed. Her being nocturnal does explain how often she has been leaving during the night. I guess she was primarily staying so that Atticus had comfort." Killian agreed.