[1x10]

"Ow!"

"Sorry!"

You hissed slightly as Astrid tightened the bandage around your arm, watching as some of the blood seeped through already. "Thanks." You looked up at her as she stood up, grabbing the supplies she got from Gothi before sending you a smile.

"It's not a problem, Y/N." She waved you off with a wink, walking out of you room and gently closing your door.

You hummed, once you knew the coast was clear, you immediately looked under your bed with a sigh. You pulled out Hiccup's vest, bitting your lip as you darted your eyes between the piece of clothing and the door. You stood up, vest in hand as you made your way to the bedroom door. Just as you were about to open it, Sam creaked it open.

Poking his head in, he smiled softly when making eye contact with you. "Hey, kiddo." He started, walking in and closing the door behind him. "Can we talk?"

"Mhm!" You nodded, eyes wide as you hid the fur behind your back. "Actually, can this hold for a moment? I need-"

"It's serious. I need to talk to you about something." He interrupted you, placing a hand on your shoulder. He walked over to your bed and took a seat, watching as you sat at your desk.

"What's up?" You asked, dropping the vest behind your chair. 'I'll give it back later.' You thought, sighing softly.

"Stoick -and Gobber- told your mother and I about Hiccup and you." He clasped his hands together, looking at the floor. "As well as those dragons."

You choked on your spit, hunching forward as you coughed loudly.

You looked up at Sam, gulping when making eye contact with him. "Were you going to tell your mother and I?" He asked, pain lingered in his voice as he spoke.

You fully sat up, fiddling with your fingers. "I...I was! I just didn't know how to...how to put it into words!" You ran your hands through your hair as you tried to explained. "A-and Hiccup and I aren't da-"

"The two of you, TIED, in DRAGON TRAINING?!" He beamed, leaning forward with a laugh.

You froze, looking at him with wide eyes. "Wait-huh?"

"Gobber told us how well the two of you are in training! Even with a wound, you're still going great." He glanced at the door before cupping his mouth with a hand. "Even better than Astrid." He whispered, grinning softly.

"Well...well she's doing great in the arena too!" You spoke up, waving your hands around, defending the blond. "She's saved me more times than I can count! If it wasn't for her, I would've been eaten-"

"So! Tell me; how's training?" He butted in again.

You stayed silent, tapping your palms on your knees as you puffed out your cheeks. You didn't really want to talk about training, since it wasn't your favorite thing to talk about.

Sam nodded awkwardly, clearing his throat as he rubbed his hands together in thought. "Not your favorite topic?" He asked, some hope lingering in his voice.

Your brows furrowed slightly, frowning softly. "Yeah, not really." You played with the hem of your shirt. "You can ask Astrid, I'm sure she'd love to have her father ask her how she's doing. I'm not mad or anything, I just want some time alone; that's all." You waved him off slightly, turning to face your desk.