[1x12]

The town gathers around the arena, the time has come for Hiccup's final exam.

"Well, I can show my face in public again! If someone had told me that in just few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well...Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training...Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad!" Stoick laughs, the town cheering and laughing along as well. "And I'm deeply proud for the lass, Y/N; she was so close on getting first! But, yes! And you know it! But here we are. And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am. Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!"

The town cheers again, causing you to look at Hiccup as he held his Viking helmet. "You okay?" You asked, gently rubbing his shoulder. He had his vest on, which you gave to him just before the exam started.

He looked over at you, swallowing before staying quiet for a moment. "Trying to be." He finally spoke up, turning around when Astrid appeared in the hallway.

"Be careful with that dragon." She warned, grabbing your hand when you stood next to her.

Hiccup turned his to Stoick. "It's not the dragon I'm worried about." He admitted, watching him walk through the crowd and take a seat in his chair.

"What are you gonna do?" You asked, tilting your head slightly.

He glanced over his shoulder before looking back into the arena. "Put an end to this." He played with the horns on the helmet, the nerves finally setting in.

You and Astrid share a look before looking at Hiccup with the same worried expression.

"I have to try." He finally turned around, looking at you. "Y/N, if something goes wrong...just make sure they don't find Toothless and D/N."

You nodded. "Of course. Just... please promise me you'll be okay." You whispered, pulling him into a tight hug.

He went to open his mouth, his arm wrapped around your waist before Gobber turned the corner, making you both pull away.

"It's time, Hiccup." He smiled softly to the boy, pointing into the enclosure. "Knock him dead."

Astrid and you watched as he walked in, placing his helmet on as Gobber slid behind the gate before closing it.

"Show 'em how it's done, my man!" Tuff cheered alongside the others in the group.

You bit at your finger nails, jumping when a hand was placed on your shoulder. "He'll be okay." Astrid reassured.

"Hopefully." You shuddered, the thought of losing him haunting your mind.

"How's the arm holding up?" Gobber asked, looking at your wound.

You looked at the bandage. "Hurts, but, it's better than when I got it." You spoke, Gobber nodding in acknowledgment before walking off.

Hiccup made his way over to the shields and weapons, everyone chatting his name as he picked one of the shields and a small dagger.

"Hrmph. I would've gone for the hammer." Stoick mumbled to Gobber who stood at his side.

He took a deep breath, calming himself before looking at the gate. "I'm ready." He announced, watching as they raised the wooden beam that stopped the doors from flying open.