Gift of the Night Fury

This is Berk, boasting the kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen.

One of the upsides on this bland island is our annual holiday. We call it Snoggletog.

Why we chose such a stupid name remains a mystery. But with the war long over.

A roar was heard outside of the Chiefs house, alerting the boy who was originally fast asleep before opening his eyes at the sound.

And dragons living among us.

He threw his blanket over his head, groaning as the house shook slightly, dust falling from the ceiling as another roar echoed throughout.

This year's Snoggletog promises to be one to remember.

The boy eventually rolled out of bed, eyes still closed from being sleepy. "Okay, okay, I'm coming." He muttered to himself, sitting up and reaching for his helmet that was on the bed frame by his feet. He grabbed it and placed it over his head before standing up and walking out of his house.

He threw his arms over his head when he stood outside, yawning as he shuttered from the cold. He looked on his roof and saw the Night Fury who cooed down to Hiccup. "Well, good morning, Mr. Bossy!" He teased with a smile.

Toothless let out a rumble, almost sounding like a laugh, watching Hiccup as he walked around the house.

Hiccup smiled, imitating his growl as the dragon climbed down from the roof carefully. "Do you always have to wake me up so early to go flying-" He asked before yelping, his metal foot scraping the ice.

Before he fell, Toothless caught him, pushing his upright with his snout and gently placing him away from the icy spot.

"Stupid leg." He groaned, kicking the snow slightly. He stumbled back as Toothless grumbled softly, eager to get flying. "Oh, thanks, buddy, I'm okay. Yeah, we can go flying now."

Toothless went silent before burping in his face, making the boy stumble back in disgust.

"Eww, eww, what? Eww! Argh! Toothless." Hiccup whined, chuckling as Toothless nuzzles his face into his palm.

Toothless dived under Hiccup, slipping him onto his back before flying over to your house, heading to D/N shack that was built near your room.

"Toothless!" Hiccup laughed, patting his head softly as the dragon pounced on the roof, cooing softly which woke up D/N. "Y/N sleeping, bud! She's probably not gonna join us for flying today." He paused, snorting as he heard you whine from inside the house before shuffling was heard.

"I'm up, I'm up!" You cried, stretching as you walked out of your house, screaming when both dragons jumped in front of your path.

"Oh, well good morning, m'lady." Hiccup smiled, slipping off Toothless and walking over to you, wrapping an arm around your waist as he gently kissed your cheek.

"Good morning." You grinned, hugging him tightly before petting D/N who shoved her face into your back. "Flying already?" You looked over to the brunette, fixing his Viking helmet that was placed lopsided on his head.