E

Prom, the D-day

Taehyung informed Seokjin that he would be picking him up around 7:45 p.m., just before the prom starts at 8:00 p.m.

He was nervous about seeing Jungkook following the incident that he had heard about and about what Jungkook had said to Jennie.

He wanted to keep things civil; after all, it's not Jungkook's fault if he isn't able to reciprocate the love. Throughout the years of their friendship, his friend was unaware of his actual feelings for him.

Hours later.

When Seokjin opened the door for Tae, it was five minutes to seven forty-five when Taehyung arrived to pick up Jin. Their amazing look took them both by surprise and left them speechless. Jin received the corsage from Tae. The two then attached the corsages to each other's dress coats. Tae then gave Jin a gentle peck on the cheek.

 Tae then gave Jin a gentle peck on the cheek

"Jinnie, my baby, I'm ready when you are," Tae spoke softly

"Okay, Taetae, let's go."

Taejin showed up at the school gymnasium, where the event was being held, as anticipated. They seemed like idols about to take over the area, with all eyes on them. Many of them greeted them with expressions of clear admiration. If Jungkook arrived with them, they would undoubtedly radiate power and beauty. They are referred to both within and outside of schools as the visual Bermuda Triangle.

Seokjin's gaze went toward Jungkook as soon as they walked through the entrance. He soon noticed him standing next to some varsity basketball players who were accompanied by their dates. Staring at Jin, Jungkook gripped Jennie's waist. He whispered something to her, and Jennie giggled.

The words Jungkook muttered to Jennie, which Jin was unaware of (Babe, you and Jinnie will be the fucking king and queen of tonight! Look at him; you two look so matched. He is so incredibly beautiful.)

Seokjin was reminded of what had happened in the theater room by their actions. He let out a sigh. Taehyung noticed and took Seokjin's hand, leading him to the dance floor where some students were swaying to slow and sweet music.

"Jinnie, let's enjoy this night. It'll be the highlight of our senior year, and I want to remember every moment of it," Taehyung whispered in Seokjin's ear.

Seokjin rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder, closed his eyes, and tried to feel the music from the DJ. He could hear Taehyung's breathing and his fast heartbeat while Fallingforyou by 1975 played in the background.

🎵 Don't you see me? I
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
And don't you need me? I
I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you
And on this night, and in this light
I think I'm falling (I think I'm falling), I'm falling for you
And maybe you, change your mind
I think I'm falling, I think I'm falling🎶

The moment the song changed to a different one,

He noticed Yoongi and Hyungsik dancing with Jisoo and Rosie when he opened his eyes. Discreetly, Jungkook sips alcohol from his tiny flask. while he had a serious conversation with his partner. The looks on their faces suggest that there is a misunderstanding between the two.

The students joyfully interacted, danced, and joined in on every song the DJ played for hours. The prom king or queen as well as the best-dressed couple of the evening would be declared, according to the night's emcee, the student body leader. Everyone is anticipating it with excitement. Thus, they all applauded and cheered. To heighten the moment, others even let out whistles and screams.

"Everyone, I am pleased to announce that Kim Taehyung and Kim Seokjin are the best-dressed couple for tonight. Kindly approach the platform to claim the award. They were chosen for this award because of their beauty and style."

Taejin was thrilled to receive the award, which consisted of a plaque and a sash. After delivering their thank-you speech, as they were about to exit the platform, the audience suddenly started chanting "kiss, kiss!". To appease the crowd, Taejin then kissed each other on the cheek.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed with annoyance as he watched the two winners accept their award on stage. The sound of their grateful speeches was drowned out by the deafening screams of the crowd, and Jungkook couldn't help but feel irritated. His irritation quickly turned into anger when he overheard someone in the audience shouting for Taejin to kiss.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we have all been waiting for is finally here! With great pleasure, we would like to request the esteemed Mr. Park and Miss Han to do the honors of announcing this year's prom king and queen!"

the presenter makes their way up the platform with the awards, the anticipation in the room is palpable.

"And now, the moment has arrived! We are thrilled to announce the winners of the coveted title of prom king and queen, based on the votes received from the attendees. So without further ado, let's give a thunderous round of applause to the incredibly talented Jeon Jungkook and the stunning Kim Jennie! Congratulations, Jeon and Kim - you truly deserve this honor! Please proceed to the platform to receive your crown and sash, and let's keep the energy high as we celebrate this momentous occasion!"

 So without further ado, let's give a thunderous round of applause to the incredibly talented Jeon Jungkook and the stunning Kim Jennie!  Congratulations, Jeon and Kim - you truly deserve this honor! Please proceed to the platform to receive your ...

However, only Jennie went up to the stage after a couple of minutes

However, only Jennie went up to the stage after a couple of minutes. Jungkook was nowhere to be found inside the venue.