10

"You have no reason to feel bad for them, you just protected yourself!" Aisha squeezes my shoulders

"I'm not a killer, I'm supposed to be innocent."

I'm not scared that I protected myself, I'm scared because I enjoyed every second of it and couldn't stop. I fantasise about all the different way I could have ended their lives.

"Nobody is innocent in this world Cam, it's way too cruel for that."

For the past three hours I have been crying my heart out while Aisha holds me in her arms, telling me that everything is okay and that I had a valid reason for my doings. She has told me how she felt the first time she killed someone.

It was a man who tried to assault her too and even if it is tragic and I feel bad for her, I can't hep but to feel relieved that we have something so similar to relate to.

"Did you have nightmares?" I hate them. I have had them for what feels like forever. They are about my mom but sometimes they stop. Like my mind decides to give me a brake, then they come back but worse.

"For a while yes but I didn't have a best friend to keep me sane."

For that I am grateful, having her here to help me go through this, even if I don't completely trust her yet.

Though I do admit, we have gotten a lot closer and I'm starting to forget the whole kidnapping thing that she was a part of.

"Sleep here tonight?" I ask, hoping that I do not need to spend the night alone with my thoughts. I don't trust myself anymore.

"Of course, let me just go change and I will be right back, I promise."

She leaves to her room and I'm left alone.

The look on their faces as I pulled the knife from their throats are terrifying. The feeling of their cold bodies as I watch them take their last breathe.

I close my eyes, wishing for this all to end. For all the images of their corpses to just end. I still have the knife. I never gave it back to Silas, I felt too paranoid, the need to have something to protect myself was unreal.

I constantly feel as if someone is watching me, waiting for the right moment to get revenge for ending someones life.

I deserve it, I deserve getting punished for it.

All of them probably had a family, kids who are waiting for them to come home, wives who are worried sick.

Out of nowhere I feel puke rising up my throat and I rush to my bathroom and make it to the toilet right before I empty my stomach.

I'm not even throwing up food, it's just stomach acid that's coming out.

"Cam, are you alright" I hear Aisha ask behind me and I just shake my head which is enough for her to kneel down, hold my hair and whisper in my ear that everything will be okay.