13

I'm currently watching Nala fight some man twice her size

I'm currently watching Nala fight some man twice her size. It's actually very inspiring how she's such a strong woman. It makes me idolize her.

She throws a punch straight to the man's nose and kicks his ribs. I'm pretty sure the oxygen left his lungs for a moment because he bends down and gasps. Nala wraps her hands around his neck, putting him into a headlock. Then she moves so she's behind him and kicks his spine and letting him go.

The loud thump against the floor makes me shudder for a second as two nurses make their way towards his now limp body while Nala wipes the little blood on her nose with the back of her and and gets out of the ring.

She looks at me for a while and I look at her.

"Come." She demands and I do, I'm too scared to refuse after what I just witnessed.

"Oh, I just finished training!" I start to explain when I see her walking us to a ring.

No, no, no. She's going to kill me.

"I want to teach you a few techniques, don't want you to lay dead in a few weeks."

I nod slowly as she looks at me wrap my hands. Well, I try to but I still don't know how.

She sighs before grabbing my hands and wrapping them for me.

"Thanks." I say quietly and hesitatingly step inside the surprisingly clean fighting ring. Usually all of them are full of blood, dry or new.

"Silas let's you train in long sleeves?" She raises a brow and looks at the long sleeved shirt I'm wearing.

"I mean he doesn't really say anything about anything else than how shitty I am at defending myself." I shrug my shoulders but tense, scared that she's going to make me wear something else.

"They make it harder for you to move more freely but whatever," she fixes her bun. "Put your hands right in front of your face but not so high that they cover your eyes."

I nod and raise my hands. I clench my hands into fists as she does the same.

She's wearing only some black leggings and a sports bra and I can't help but to take a glance at the big scar on her ribs. It's so long that part of it goes under her bra while the other end goes all the way down her ribs. There's two, one on each rib.

Nala doesn't seem to mind me looking but she does seem annoyed that I'm not focusing on the thing I should.

"When you're done, part your legs so that your side is facing me a bit." I catch her rolling her eyes and I do as she says.

"Great, now I'm going to try to punch you and you will block it just how Silas has taught you."

What?!

Before I get to protest, her fist is already flying towards my face.

"Fuck!" I scream in fear and move my hands so that my forearm is touching hers, stopping her punch.