Chapter 7: The First In An Army

Finally getting out of the Cafe, The Watcher couldn't help but sigh, not one of annoyance but one of relief. Changing his shape without using a spare body or a host, took a heavy toll on him. He barely managed to get out on time. He hoped he would've talked with her more. He wanted to tell her much more, but he knew better than to do that. 

Stretching his umbrella he walked away without looking back toward the middle of the road. It was empty, calm, and relaxing. He just stood there admiring the peaceful atmosphere under the heavy rain.

Lungmen was a big and prosperous city, an important economic center in all of Terra, and just by simply looking at all of its skyscrapers and beautifully laid out roads and buildings, one can easily predict that even without knowing anything about the city itself. If there was any good way to describe it, it would be 'A city from the future'.

However, The Watcher wasn't interested in that. The tall buildings and the shiny large screen displays filled with advertisements were nice, but he was old, old enough to be called ancient. Through his journeys, he had already seen most of all that Terra had to offer, from the oldest places to the most advanced ones such as Lungmen, so it wasn't that much of a big deal. 

He preferred simple and normal things much more, a small village isolated from the outside world, the top of a snowy mountain, or even just an empty road on a rainy night such as today.

The Watcher did nothing other than stand still and listen to the sound of the rain, it made him stop thinking about everything, it made him feel like his whole existence was fading away only to merge with the atmosphere, and he liked it.

"For how long are you going to stand here? I thought you were tight on time, weren't you?"

Sadly, as much as The Watcher was willing to give up just for him to have peace for a couple more seconds, the gods didn't see it enough as a crude and ugly voice interrupted him. If The Watcher's voice was scary then this voice was...Madness.

A normal person would've lost consciousness immediately hearing it, however, for the watcher, it was nothing more than an annoying voice he always hears.

"Weren't you sleeping just now? The last thing I want to hear is your unholy voice on this peaceful night" Now having his peaceful moment distributed, The Watcher started moving to the empty street close to him, then started walking in the opposite direction of the cafe he was in.

"Oh come on, when did you ever want to hear my voice? You always act like talking to me will get you to hell or something, and I think that's a little rude, especially towards someone like me who you've known for such a long time now!" The voice responded mockingly " Also! I only took a nap for like a month and here you are telling your fallen girl that you will never meet again. I feel so betrayed! What happened, why the change of heart? I thought you enjoyed her company."

Every word the voice said made The Watcher want to punch whoever was talking straight in the face, but if that was possible he would've done it thousands of years ago, no one can just punch the voice in their heads you know, so he did the only thing he can do...Ignore the voice, or at least try to do so.

"You can try, but you know that ignoring me is useless." The voice continued talking and bothering The Watcher in every way possible just to make him talk, and in the end, he succeeded.

"Agh! Alright, alright! I will tell you what happened so just shut up whatever cursed thing you use to talk!" The Watcher screamed, only to quickly look around him to see if anyone had seen him. Thankfully, there wasn't.

"Watch it, boy, the last thing you want is pulling the attention of the people. Not that I mind you getting in trouble"

"I was fine before you awoke."The Watcher exclaimed in a tired voice before returning to a more serious tone" Also, that fallen girl's name is Mostima. As for why I said to her what I said, that doesn't concern you. "