Extra story: Bad Work Hours Part 2

Body bags filled the place, some were filled, and some others were waiting to be. The LGD guards scrambled to keep the press and bystanders from getting close to the scene. The blue and red lights from the LGD cars blinded those not used to it.

Close to one of the armored cars around, stood a familiar face. Her hair was a mess, her clothes covered in dirt and splashes of blood, let alone her tired-looking face. Ch'en had surely seen better nights than this one. However, that did not bother her, or at least she succeeded in not showing it to the others around.

She was talking with a group of guards, explaining what had occurred in this place just a few minutes earlier and giving them orders. Hoshiguma was standing next to her. She did not look any better than her partner. 

As the guards moved out to carry their orders, the two stood by themselves, each one wandering into his own world of thoughts. It was understandable, after all, that what they encountered not long ago was something that had shaken their understanding of reality, leaving them grappling with disbelief.

It was something that defied their logic and made them rethink many subjects.

...

..

.

Thanks to Ch'en's bike, they were able to reach the coordinates of the suspect in no time. The location was in a residential area, a quiet and empty street, too quiet for the Lungmen's standards. It made the two partners keep their guard up as they walked through it. 

Lights flickered from the closed store signs. Cold air brushed their hair and moved it around. The place for some reason felt unwelcoming, but that didn't stop them.

A static voice came out of Ch'en's radio and was quickly followed by the dispatch's voice.

"The suspect has been spotted near the glory street in the district 16. The suspect is currently on the run after injuring 3 officers. Caution is advised when confronting him." The voice quickly faded as fast as it came and the static voice came back.

"3 officers huh...I guess he is the real deal." Hoshiguma said as she scanned her surroundings.

"Real or fake, it won't make a difference. We will catch them. Though, they better be the real one..." Ch'en answered calmly. 

Everything was calm and quiet, it didn't feel like they were trying to catch one of the most wanted people in Lungmen. Hoshiguma felt that a nice cold beer would have been way too good to pass on at such a time if they weren't working.

"Are you thinking the same as what I am thinking?" She did not hesitate to express her thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" Ch'en accepted the small chit-chat attempt.

"After we get our guy, how about we spend the whole night drinking till we pass out? I know a good place that has some strong shit that can take down even those bears from Ursus in one shot. Good stuff I say."

"Heh, I wish life was that easy. Catch the bad guy and then party all night...You know what Hoshi?" A faint smile graced Ch'en's lips.

"Hm?" Hoshiguma titled her head.

"Let's make a bet on who will last longer, you or me." The Oni was surprised by her partner's answer.

"Hahaha, good, good that's the spirit! Then it's decided, tonight we party!" Now she was motivated to finish this job as fast as possible...Oh if she knew what awaited them

"But first, let's finish our job here"

"Yeah of course-" 

"Aghghhhhh!!" A loud scream interrupted the two and alerted them.