𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝

But I can't fix him,
can't make him better
And I can't do nothing about
his strange weather.

_________________________

Davina Hernandez

Love is a strange thing.

Some say it can you fill you up with too much happiness while some say it can kill you with the sadness.

I've never really felt the romantic and intimate type of love but rather the platonic one where there's laughter and sarcasm floating around.

Sometimes I crave to know the feeling, but fail to as I don't have a lover, so.. books become my place of experience.

I live through others, as they get swept off their feet by these beautifully portrayed men who I don't think I've ever met in real with similar personalities.

These fictional men are so perfect because they're written by women who dream to have someone just like them.

When I look at myself in the mirror I don't just see a woman, I see a thoughtful woman who prays and hopes to get pulled into a permanent embrace of warmth and care. I've never had a boyfriend but I have had many crushes.

Most of them were just random dark haired boys in high school and the coincidence is, that they all seemed to be the quiet ones who sat at the back of their class seeming to be in their own world.

Call me crazy but I love the feeling of getting to know the person slowly rather than getting told their whole life story in only one conversation.

There's something quite intriguing about a mysterious aura that some people hold which makes me want to reach out to search for more.

A quiet sigh of relief escapes my lips as I close my computer having finally finished with my essay.

My phone lights up with a notification so I grab it and see a message from Aaron saying he's going to be picking me up in about 2 hours as we have plans to go to Luna's place.

I push myself out of my chair with a groan getting up to go get ready

I take a quick a shower and then slip into some fresh clothes; a pair of light blue fitted jorts, a plain white t-shirt and put on a black sweatshirt over it.

I pull my brown locks out of my face, but leave a few front strands hanging, and claw clip the rest back.

I line my lips with a light brown shade topping it off with some gloss, put some mascara on and wear some gold bracelets, a few rings and earrings before exiting the bathroom to my room.