𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐫

In the night, she hears him calling
In the night, she's dancin' to relieve the pain

___________________________

Davina Hernandez

Music blasts through the speakers in my room as I sing along while doing my makeup.

I'm meeting with Luna in about an hour so I get ready for the day ahead.

My makeup is simple and the boldest thing about it is the dark lip, and my outfit consists of a white top with a square cut neckline and some loose jeans.

A dainty gold necklace hangs from my neck along with a few rings adorning my fingers to bring the look together.

Us both haven't seen each other for quite some time now and so finally hanging out again manages to keep my mood uplifted.

The Weeknd's song In the night plays on the speaker and its tunes vibrate through me eliciting a sway from me here and there.

I finish combing my hair and let it cascade down my back in loose waves. I put on my golden hoops and grab my purse before leaving my room.

It's a Friday afternoon and classes ended quick today so we made a plan to just go walking around town to check out any new stores and spend time.

Luna wasn't in any classes today either and told me she's gonna tell me why face to face and obviously I agreed.

I hope its nothing serious, tho something tells me it's related to Crystal.

Ryan's at work and Dad as well except mum, who at home on her day off.

I have to this lady out for fun because what.

She sits on the couch with a book in her lap and holds a steaming cup of what looks like coffee.

I walk into the hall before plopping down beside her slowly and lean over her shoulder to see what she reads.

Shit not again.

"Mum, is that another one of my books?" I groan as she turns to look at me with a small grin.

"I'm sorry honey, that young man on the cover convinced me." She sighs as she flips the page over calmly as if she's not holding the smuttiest book ever.

"Are you going out sweetheart?" I nod as I grab her mug and take a large sip of the coffee.

I think I burnt my tongue and half my lip off but that's okay, I'll live.