~ The Rainforest Monster: Chapter 5 ~

Hare didn't know when she'd fallen asleep, but all she knew was that she was relieved when she woke up and realized she hadn't been brought to the Place of Lost Souls. She shot a glare at Kookaburra, who was sitting beside Liana, and she noticed that Jambu was back.

Glory and Starflight were sleeping, too. Something was curled up in the gap between Glory's shoulder and wing. It was fluffy and gray. Confused, Hare looked closer, then lightly nudged Glory awake.

Her friend lifted her head and blinked drowsily. "Hmph?"

Hare pointed at the creature. "I think there's a sloth sleeping on you."

Glory looked and blinked in confusion. "Wha- How stupid are these creatures?" Glory poked the sloth so it woke up. It slowly raised its head and gave her what almost looked like a smile.

"You've been chosen," Adoration said, looking in their direction. "That was really quick. What are you going to name it?"

"Chosen?" Glory asked.

"Sloths choose the dragon they want to care for them," the dragon who remained unnamed explained. "Basically they choose their owner."

"So I have to care for this thing now?" Glory said, poking the sloth again.

"Pretty much." The unnamed dragon stretched and spread her wings wide.

"The queen named hers Shaggy," Kookaburra said.

Starflight sleepily raised his head. "How long have we been here for?" he asked.

"Long enough," Liana said, pointing behind them. Hare looked over. Their friends were beginning to wake up, struggling in the nets. Hare hurried over to help, Glory and Starflight close on her tail. The sloth clung onto Glory the whole way.

Hare managed to free Kestrel and helped Glory free Tsunami. Starflight handled Clay and Sunny. Tsunami stood up and shook out her scales. Her eyes narrowed when she saw the RainWings.

"You fruit eaters better explain yourselves," she spat.

"They were just trying to protect their home," Glory said, placing a talon on her shoulder. "This is Liana and her apprentice Kookaburra, Jambu, Adoration, and..." Her voice trailed off as she pointed at the last dragon.

The light blue and purple dragon bowed. "Sublime."

Glory nodded. "And that's Sublime."

"We'll give you all a few minutes to fully wake up, then we'll take you to see the queen," Jambu said. "She's waiting for you."

"Is Queen Dazzling normally friendly with visitors?" Starflight asked nervously.

Liana blinked. "Dazzling? No, she- Dazzling stepped down ten years ago."

Now it was Starflight's turn to blink in confusion. "What? But the NightWing Guide to the Dragons of Pyrrhia says that Dazzling is queen!"

"It also says that RainWings have no natural weapons," Glory pointed out, displaying her fangs.

"I assume the guide hasn't been updated since the war began," Liana commented. "Though I thought it would be. After all, we met with the SkyWings less than a year ago."

"You met with the SkyWings?" Clay's jaw dropped and his eyes went wide.

"We've met with most of the tribes," Liana explained. "At first we were trying to join the war. We have great skills that would help any side win. We knew about the rumors of us being lazy, and we assume it's because we rarely leave the rainforest. What better way to prove everyone wrong than to join the war?"