~ The Rainforest Monster: Epilogue ~

"The grand secret home of the NightWings," Viper hissed.

"It's not very grand," Ochre snarled.

"Why would it be?" Squid sighed. "It's NightWings."

"NightWings aren't all that bad," Fatespeaker argued.

Flame covered his ears with his talons. They were giving him a headache.

They always had, but lately they seemed to be even more irritating. Couldn't he have just one day of peace? His body was always sore and he barely got any proper sleep anymore. All he wanted was for them to shut up for one day.

"I want to die," Ochre groaned. "I wish I hadn't eaten all those dead things."

"I want you to die too," Viper snarled.

"Maybe you shouldn't moan about being hungry all the time," Squid put in, poking his snout. Ochre snapped his teeth at him. Squid pulled his claw away just in time to avoid being bitten.

"Everyone, hush!" Fatespeaker cried. "I foresee-"

"I want you both to die now," Viper snapped.

"I want you all to die!" Flame spat. "Shut up!"

"You shouldn't be so cranky all the time," Fatespeaker huffed. "You're all very unfun and depressing to be around."

"Good, maybe that'll make you want to stay away from us," Viper snarled.

"I don't have a choice!"

Flame snarled and made his way over to the entrance of the cave. He flopped down on the ground and looked out at the kingdom around him. The Night Kingdom was dark and filled with lava. It was way different than anything Fatespeaker had ever claimed to foresee in her kingdom. The dragons here were more grumpy than she said they'd be, too.

Out of the corner of his eye, Flame noticed movement on part of the island. He looked over in that direction. Two NightWings were moving around, each carrying something on their backs. One seemed to be carrying another NightWing while the other was carrying an odd pale dragon, something that looked like a mix between a SandWing and IceWing.

Who are they?

He squinted his eyes to get a better look. They looked a little younger than him, the weird one being the youngest.

Flame sighed. He couldn't believe he was about to do this. He looked over his shoulder. "Fatespeaker, come here."

The NightWing hurried over to his side. "What is it?"

Flame pointed to the dragons hauling the dragonets on their backs. "You claim to have special powers, so who are they?"

Fatespeaker blinked, then squinted. After a few minutes, she spoke again. "I'm not seeing any visions, but I have a feeling that they're very important to our destiny."

Flame sighed angrily. "Right, of course. Okay, go away now."

"No," Fatespeaker argued. "I want to watch them too."

Flame huffed and laid his head on his talons. He should've known better than to tell her about this.

But what if she's right? He watched as the NightWings disappeared somewhere with the dragonets. What if those two are important?

Flame thought about it for a little longer. The NightWing hadn't been too unordinary, maybe a stray dragonet they were bringing home. But that other dragon? Who were they?

He thought their appearance through. Something suddenly clicked in his mind.

I know about her! She's a threat!