~ The Rainforest Monster: Chapter 18 ~

"Where could she have gone?" Dainty asked.

"I think we all know," Nightingale hissed.

"Do we?" Sunny asked.

"Yes!" Nightingale said. "She went to the tunnel. She must've snuck past us last night and gone."

"How did nobody see her?" Clay asked.

Starflight made an annoyed face while Nightingale shifted her scales to match their surroundings. Suddenly she was gone.

"Ohhh, right," Clay said, blinking. "So what do we do?"

"You all are more stupid than a group of brainless toucans," Liana huffed.

"We go after her," Jambu said. "We go into the tunnel and we find her."

"But only a few of us," Nightingale said.

"I'll go," Clay told them.

"Me too," Tsunami said.

"So will I," Nightingale said.

"Me too," Jambu said.

"That should be enough dragons," Kestrel said. "The rest of us will stay behind and wait for you. Send for help if you need any."

Hare paced at the base of the tree. Anxiety flowed through her, making her restless.

"Do you think they're okay?" Sunny squeaked, wringing her talons together.

"They have to be," Starflight said quietly.

Even Dainty seemed scared. She was staring at the tunnel with wide pupils, flicking her tail back and forth. Hare couldn't tell if it was because she was actually worried or if she just thought going in there might make her scales duller.

The sun was higher in the sky now, almost at its highest point. Meaning it was almost noon, and their friends had gone in at dawn.

"I hope they're alright," Ringtail murmured.

The hole was suddenly alive with sound, and only a moment later six dragons came shooting out. They all landed safely on the ground. Hare let out a breath of relief. They had Glory, but there was another dragon with her. She was yellow and pink, and she didn't have the same bindings on her wings that Glory did.

"Let me help you with that," Clay said, helping Glory take off the bindings.

"You're okay!" Hare gasped. "What happened?"

"We know who's kidnapping the RainWings," Glory announced.

"Well, spit it out," Liana said.

"It's the NightWings," she explained, pointing up to the hole in the tree. "That tunnel leads to their secret home."

"They're kidnapping us to do experiments on us," the new dragon said. "They want to test our venom. They're awful. Wait, why is there a NightWing here?"

Starflight shifted a little. "This is Starflight, he's our friend," Sunny said defensively. "He's a dragonet of destiny."

The new dragon's eyes widened. "A dragonet? Are you all dragonets of destiny?"

Hare waved toward Tsunami, Clay, Glory, Sunny, and Starflight. "They all are. The SlyWing back there is our guardian, she's one of the dragons who raised us."

"And who are you?" the new dragon asked.

"That's Princess Hare," Tsunami said. "Daughter of Burn."

The new dragon gasped. "Oh my! It's such an honor to meet you, princess. My name is Kinkajou. Wow, you are so pretty! I've never seen a hybrid before."