Crescent Moon: Part II

Harry Potter, The Leaky Caldron:
______________________________________

The rest of the night passed in a blur of questions, worries, and anxiety for me.

The tall scary girl swings into my room with the grace of a cat, landing in my room wearing only the tights she had been in earlier and a sports bra, and holy fuck, was she ripped.

Her jacket and shirt hid defined muscles and scars built up over what had to be a lifetime of battle.

She's holding a black and gold bow which she folds up like a tripod and shrinks into a multi-tool before she tucks it into her waistband.

She still gives me this calculating look, like she's measuring me up to something unknown, before telling me to put the sword away or else be prepared to answer a lot of awkward questions, before she leaves my room.

I limp over to my bed, glass from the window still jammed into my foot, leaving a trail of blood behind me.

"Hedwig." I call out to my friend, hoping the worst hasn't happened to her, "please girl, please wake up."

I say as I stroke her feathers softly, I can feel tears burn at the corners of my eyes, but I refuse to cry, Vernon always hated when I cried.

I can hear feet storming up the stairs and I slide the sword under my bed, having no time to close it because I'm fucking useless.

Soon my room is flooded with people in red robes with wands out, one approaches me, a tall dark skinned man asking me questions at a rapid pace.

I ignore him as I stroke and try to wake Hedwig up, pleading with her to wake up.

The tall guy grabs my shoulder and turns me to him before asking me point blank if it was Sirius Black.

"What? No, it wasn't him! It was some redhead vampire woman." I tell him, and he nods slowly and asks if I'm hurt

At this point I start screaming at him.

"I don't care about me! Hedwig is hurt! My owl is hurt, help her!"

He flinches back at my yell, looking me in the eye, he had this look of uncertainty and maybe a little fear.

As he opens his mouth to say something else someone comes, elbowing him back as a woman with the same red robes as the man, but with a green patch with a wand crossed over a bone.

She gives the taller man a look that makes him back off, before turning her attention to me,

"Hello sweetheart, you're worried about your owl, right?" She asks me in a calm voice.

I just nod my head and she offers to take a look, asking me what happened to her.

I tell her as much as I could as she waves her wand over Hedwig in complicated patterns.

She stops after a moment, she smiles at me and says that Hedwig is going to be fine, she was just stunned and knocked out, just give her a few more minutes and she should wake up.

I sigh out in relief as I thank the woman over and over again before she tells me she wants to take a look at my foot

Oh, right, I was still bleeding.