Full Moon VII

Harry Potter, Hogwarts, February 20th.

Harry Potter has had a pretty good week, after his fight with Atalanta and making up with Ron and Hermione, Professor McGonagall had shown up after classes in the common room to give him back the Firebolt, she and Flitwick had stripped the broom down looking for anything malicious hidden in the enchantments and had found nothing. She had handed the broom back and had asked him to bring the cup back to Gryffindor, all he could do was nod. He had taken the broom out for a few rides, getting used to it, and it was like a dream for Harry. It was faster than his Numbis 2000 and turned on a sickle, Ron couldn't help but to smile smugly at Hermione about being right about it not being cursed. Harry had just shaken his head, and Hermione had rolled her eyes telling him it was better to be safe than sorry, and Harry had agreed with that.

They had tried to use the Map to try and find Scabbers with no luck, he was either dead or outside the bounds of what the Map had shown, oddly enough Harry had found that the map also didn't show Atalanta. He knew the room she was in but when he had checked it while looking at the Map she was nowhere to be found. Checking it when he could see her in front of him had shown she wasn't there either. Hermione had theorized that one had to have a magical core to be seen by the map, but without knowledge of how it was made, she couldn't say for sure. Speaking of the Hunter, the day after her and Harry's fight she was walking with a slight limp but a satisfied smirk on her face, when Harry asked what had happened, she just smiled and said,

"Don't worry about it, Harry, just had to show someone their place on the food chain."

Whenever she saw Snape in the halls, she would smile at him as he glared before turning around and quickly walking away without saying a word. It was honestly pretty funny, to see the Potions Master turn tail and avoid the hunter in the halls.

Like Atalanta had asked, Harry had returned to training, but without his weapons, they had worked on hand-to-hand combat, boxing, and grappling, Atalanta had also started teaching Harry throws to use and takedowns, all of which had hurt to learn. They had walked through their fight in Gryffindor Tower, going over what he had done right and all that he had done wrong with a distant cold feeling to it like it wasn't their fight, but a fight they had seen.

The next time he had shown up the snow had started to melt, making the ground slick with mud and training a lot dirtier, but like Atalanta had said Dumbledore had found a few spare armaments from the suits of armor in the castle, both the spare and bow were in good condition so Atalanta had approved there use. It was late Saturday afternoon in the forbidden forest during a chase between Atalanta and Harry, that Atalanta had stopped the chase early, which made Harry grumble under his breath because he was so sure he was gonna tag her this time, in a clearing not too far away from where Hagrid had his first CoMC class, Atalanta had spotted the telltale signs of two trapdoor hatches of the Acromantula, right beside a game path, the same path students used when going deeper into woods.

They decided quickly to deal with them before they could hurt any of the students, Atalanta muttering under her breath about how Artemis better hurry up with the hunt, Harry decided to ignore that, he didn't even want to think of Artemis let alone know she would be coming to the castle. Unbeknownst to Harry, or even Atalanta, Artemis had returned to the castle a few times. She would watch the two from afar, hands in the pockets of her jacket turning the swiss army knife in her hand, wondering what to do. She would watch for an hour or so, trying to build the courage to approach the boy, thinking of ways of reaching out to him or how to apologize for her words, but nothing would come, so she would leave to go back to her hunt.