Waning Moon II

The Gate of Skye.

"Let them go, Albus, we need to have words." The Goddess of the hunt tells the aging Headmaster. Dumbledore sighs, but moves to the side to allow Harry and Atalanta to pass with but a nod to them, before stepping into the Chamber and casting his gaze everywhere.

"Marvelous, to think, all this time…" the Headmaster says before waving his wand, both casting a ward so no sound may enter the tunnel behind him and lighting up the Chamber to see better, his mouth slightly open in awe. Artemis lets the elderly man have his moment of awe for a few moments longer before she speaks up.

"As much as I'm sure you're going to enjoy studying this Chamber, that will have to be saved for later, Albus. We have business." The Goddess says, snapping the Headmaster's attention back to her.

"You're right, of course, Lady Artemis, I was merely caught up in all of this. But we can go over that later, you wish to discuss what we had…left off on, the last time we saw each other?" Albus says swallowing a bit from nervousness, the last time he and the Goddess were in the same room did not go well for the Headmaster for good reason, She had also nearly put Severus into a coma as well.

"Indeed, have you found an alternate solution to the problem yet?" The Lady of the hunt asks

Dumbledore sighs as he begins to walk around the Chamber, studying the walls, waving his wand over seemingly random parts, "The problem is not finding an alternate solution, Lady Artemis, for there are many, the problem is finding the best possible one." The Headmaster says, and when the Goddess does not comment he continues, "There are many, The Longbottom's would happily do it. Their own manor has some of the most formidable wards in all of Britain, but the matriarch of the family Augustus Longbottom is known to have a firm hand with children." Albus says and Artemis narrows her eyes, when Dumbledore looks over at her, he merely nods and says "My thoughts exactly, Lady Artemis."

"And the other options?" The Goddess asks

"I could have Harry emancipated, but that would have its own complications both politically and logistically," Albus says as he makes his way over to the pillars that hold up the Chamber, inspecting them from bottom to top.

"I do not care for your mortal politics, Albus, I care about his safety." Artemis says with a hint of steel in her voice.

"Whether you care or not Lady Artemis does not matter here, for Harry is already tied up in the politics of Magical Britain, even if he doesn't know yet." The Headmaster shakes his head, "When Voldemort returns, the people will look to the boy who was in part, responsible for his last downfall." Albus says before casting a few spells at the pillar and frowning, "and the logistical aspects are even worse, the Potters were a noble family, and a well-off one at that, but their manor house was destroyed during the last war, burned down to the foundation and the wards that had stood for over five-hundred destroyed."

Artemis scoffs at this, "The mortals can't even protect their own home, how like them." The Goddess says, annoyed at it all.

"Lady Artemis," the Headmaster says with steel in his voice for the first time since meeting the Goddess all those months ago, "I would ask you, respectfully, to speak more kindly of the dead. I had the privilege of calling both Euphemia and Fleamont Potter both students and friends. They fought by my side against Grindelwald, and killed half of Voldemort's original inner circle that night before dying to Voldemort himself." Albus says before Artemis turns to glare at Dumbledore, "Besides, they were your son's paternal grandparents."