A Beast Under the Moonlight

The Forbidden Forest

The silver light of the full moon cast long shadows in the woods as Atalanta struggles to keep a hold of the boy she had grown so close to in such a short amount of time. She was holding back as he growled and clawed at the Rat still laying on the forest floor as the rest of those in the clearing that was Atalanta's old campsite watched on with fear and surprise as the normally quiet and docile boy seem to throw away what little was left of his humanity as he thrashes in Atalanta's hold.

"Harry! Harry, you need to stop!" Atalanta's voice was full of panic and fear as she begs the boy, "You're pulling too much on the Hunt, you need to stop, you need to calm down!" She yells as she holds Harry back from killing the Rat, but the only answer she gets are growls and roars from a Hunt mad beast. She couldn't hold him back forever, and with this many people around it will just make for too many people being caught in Harry's hunt.

"Run!" Atalanta yells as her grip starts to give as Harry continues to delve into the Hunt's clutches, "You all need to run! I can't hold him for much longer, you're all in danger! RUN!" Atalanta screams.

Pettigrew, ever the coward, doesn't need to be told twice as he gets to his feet and starts to run across the clearing to the forest beyond, Sirius soon follows him yelling at the coward that he wasn't getting away that easy.

Harry struggles to follow after them, dragging Atalanta with him, until Atalanta sweeps his legs and slams him on the forest floor. Harry twists in her grip, head butting her before freeing his arm enough to elbow her in the face breaking from her grip and charging after the two men.

"Fuck!" Atalanta cursed before getting off the ground and chasing the boy, "Harry, stop, you need to fight it!" She screams as she tackles the Hunt-enforced boy.

"Back to the castle, both of you!" Snape snaps at the two students, "find the Headmaster and tell him what's going on!" Before quickly taking off after the two fleeing men.

Ron and Hermione look at each other, and for a moment, indecision strikes, to follow an order from a teacher or to help their best friend. They nod as one and charge into the fray, for there was never a choice for them. So, with wands out and ready they run towards Harry and Atalanta as they struggle and fight on the ground, Harry is once again able to free himself from her grasp and knock her away as Ron and Hermione begin their spell work with a clear target. The two friends work in tandem, with Hermione Transfiguring the stone and roots around Harry's feet into ropes and tar, trying to slow him down enough to stop him as Ron casts stunner after stunner at Harry and just tries to clip him but the son of the hunt was far too quick of a step and either dodge or had his Jacket take the hit rendering the blow useless.

As Harry takes off after the men, Atalanta is quick to follow, Hermione and Ron soon after, and the son of the hunt makes a terrifying headway chasing after Peter and Sirius. Every time Peter tries to transform into a rat, Sirius would flick his wand canceling it as he chased the cowardly bastard down, it wasn't until he heard the snapping of a branch and an animal-like growl come from behind him did the Heir to the house of Black start to sweat. He had first thought that Remus had transformed and doubled back, but no, in the pale moonlight he watches as a shadow in the shape of his Godson leaps from the side, aiming at Wormtail, just before another smashes into him from the other side, knocking him to the ground.

"Harry, stop!" Atalanta yells, panic in her voice, "You have to stop Harry, if you draw on anymore there won't be any turning back! Don't make me do this, Please!" She yells as she blocks his path to the rat again and Sirius can hear the desperation in her voice as he runs past them just in time to stop Wormtail from transforming again. Sirius hears the roars behind him and the clash of two bodies in combat, he keeps after the rat, he needs him alive and couldn't let Harry kill him yet.