Crescent Moon: Part V

Harry Potter, The Quidditch Pitch, Hogwarts:
____________________________________

"I'm a what?" I ask, the sense of deja vu now overwhelming.

I feel like I'm back in the house on the tiny rock again.

Miss Atalanta answers back, proving I didn't mishear her, "You're a Demigod, Harry, you are the child of a mortal and an Immortal, a god."

She pauses for a moment as I feel something, an odd stirring in my chest well up and I take a step back, trying to piece together all this in my head.

I feel my mouth go dry, my breath getting shorter.

No, no, that was impossible, I can't be.

I know my mother and father were human, I have pictures of my mum pregnant with me, I have pictures of them in school.

Just-just no.

"I know it's a lot to take in Harry, you may not believe me, so let me ask you a question."

Miss Atalanta says to me.

"Can you do things that aren't normal, things that not even wizards couldn't do without casting a spell?"

Panic rises in my chest, not because of the question, but because she's right.

Hermione had told me about my eyes, she's even looked into them, there isn't any record of wizards or witches that had slit pupils, who could see in the dark just as well as they could see in the light.

Not even Animagus like Professor McGonagall could do it and she could turn into a cat, the human and animal forms are separate.

You can get a sixth sense from it, but that's it.

I turn away from Miss Atalanta, walking back over to the tunnel that leads down to the Pitch, my chest is tight like I can't breathe, and my head is spinning as I lean against the wall and slide down it to sit.

I swallow, trying to get rid of the dryness in my mouth.

It kind of works.

I can't, how, but they were, I-I, one of them is alive?

I didn't notice Miss Atalanta following me so I jumped when she asked if I'm okay.

"What? I-I don't..."

I trail off as I look at her, confused, she's kneeling in front of me with the weird look on her face.

"How-How did you know?" I finally ask, and she moves to sit next to me.

I scoot away from her a bit, not really wanting to be near her.

"The conversation we had in Dumbledore's office, it's basically a cover story for me being here, but there is a lot of truth in it."

She tells me,

"I am a part of a group of hunters that hunt monsters, but we aren't a part of the MCUSA, we're led by a Goddess, the Goddess Diana to be specific, she's the Roman Goddess of the Hunt."