Waning Moon I

Harry Potter, Gryffindor Tower.

Harry awakes with a groan, blinking the spots out his eyes as his head throbs with pain, before he even opens his eyes he can hear the muttering around him, of his dorm mates, Ron and Hermione, all speaking softly. He can tell he's back on his too soft bed, he reaches over to the table to look for his glasses when he hears Ron speak up.

"Here mate," he says before passing his glasses to him and Harry mumbles thanks before he sits up, leaning against the headrest and putting them on, wondering what had just-

Sirius Black. He was in the dormitory, he had run away!

Harry springs from his bed with a growl in his throat as he looks around the room, it was brightly lit and filled with his dorm mates all looking at him with a bit of fear before Harry starts towards the door, intent on chasing his prey, right before Hermione steps in his way, holding her arms up and palms out.

"Harry, stop!" She says, "He's gone Harry, he escaped, you need to calm down." Her eyes are full of fear, Harry can hear her heartbeat rapidly in her chest and he can feel Ron move to his back.

"Move, Hermione," Harry says as he flicks his wrist expecting his wand to slide into his hand, but when he feels nothing and only then does he notice his wand and wand holster missing, "Where is it!?" He snaps at Hermione before turning to Ron, "Where the hell is my wand?" He growls out.

"We hid it," Ron says as he leans against a bedpost, "because both of us knew you were gonna act like this when you woke up, Harry you need to calm down. Black is gone, he escaped, no tracks to follow, nothing to hunt. Calm down." Ron says calmly, but Harry can see his arms twitching, ready to do something about Harry leaving if he has to.

Harry's teeth grind and clench, He can still smell Sirius Black in the room, he had his scent he could hunt him! And Harry didn't need a wand to do that, he moves around Ron and walks over to his trunk before opening it and pulling out his Jacket and pulling it on, before grabbing his invisibility cloak and the map which he stuffs into his jacket pocket, he had to go get Atalanta. Checking his pockets and finding Serpent-Hunter, he starts to move to the door but once again Hermione moves in front of him to stop Harry.

"Harry, stop!" Hermione says, "The professors are searching the castle and the grounds, there's nothing else you can do, Black escaped through the fireplace. There is nothing to track." She pleads with Harry, desperation in her eyes, but what she sees in his eyes is nothing but obsession, nothing but the hunt, "Please Harry," she tries one more time. But Harry just shoves her aside, his prey is getting away, and moves to the door.

"Atalanta is in the hospital wing!" Ron blurts out, stopping Harry in his tracks, hand on the doorknob, Harry's head snaps to Ron, and finally, his eyes hold something else other than the hunt, concern. "Black cracked her across the head with something, nothing woke her up in the common room so they moved her to the hospital wing," Ron informs Harry, trying to stop him from going after Black by himself.

Harry's breathing turns heavy and frantic, the hunt slowly bled away from his eyes before he turned the handle and left the room, he ignored the shout from Hermione making his way down the stairs. Tossing his cloak over himself Harry makes his way out of Gryffindor Tower and down the stairs, not even looking at the map Harry makes his way through the castle. Moving quickly and quietly he dodges around the prefects on his way to the hospital wing. As he turns the corner and sees the door that leads to the hospital wing, Harry feels a pulse of magic and stops, turning around to look behind him and sees nothing, Harry narrows his eyes at the seemingly empty corridor Harry takes a deep breath through his nose, it wasn't Black, but from the smell of death, magic, and a potions lab, Harry has an idea who it is before he feels a hand grab him and slam him against a wall before the hood of his cloak is pulled off.