♧2. Hidden Favours ♧

"Are you pranking me?" Chay runs out of the gym to his brother who is mixing a cocktail at the bar.

"Pranking you?" Porsche raises one of his eyebrows in confusion.

"About Kim," Chay explains. "There's no way that he is a son of the mafia." Chay sits on the bar stool and runs his hand through his hair, fingers brushing over the hair tie that Kim gave him. "He is so... so... so..."

Porsche leans over the bar, a teasing expression on his face, "so..."

Chay groans, "so... submissive... I don't know!"

"Submissive?" Porsche pushes the topic more.

"What I mean is that... I had him pinned down because as expected his fighting skills are shit, and I told him that he has to come to every one of my trainings or he is out, and he looked right at me and said... yes, sir."

"And what?" Porsche smirks, "did it turn you on?"

Chay glares at Porsche, ready to smash that cocktail which Porsche so diligently prepared right into his face, "let's be serious for a moment, shall we, huh? Like, I don't know—I would pass as a better mafia prince than him."

"You would also not act like a usual mafia prince if your father would dedicate every second of his life to treating you like shit, making you feel like you are worse than others, telling you how ugly and useless you are..." Porsche's teasing grin is long gone. "I'll be honest, Porchay—no wonder Kim has no self-esteem and seems so submissive... I would be the same if I grew up like him." Porsche takes a kitchen cloth and starts cleaning the countertop, "Korn Theerapanyakul is shit but his sons aren't. Just give Kim time. The last thing he needs is another person judging him."

⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅

Right now, Kim knows two things:

he messed up. There's no way he is going to get this job. As always, he is a complete failure

that sucks more than usual because... he likes Porchay. No wonder Porsche and Porchay are brothers... surprisingly, they both make Kim feel safe which doesn't happen to Kim with strangers often or at all... and it's even more surprising that he feels this way around Porchay who seems to be so strict

Maybe it's because he knows that Porchay is Porsche's brother and Kim knows Porsche a little because of his own brother. Or maybe it's because of something entirely different that Kim has no idea about. But that doesn't matter because Porchay is right—Kim's fighting skills suck. Just like everything else he does sucks. The only thing that he is surprisingly good at is his writing, that's why he is studying creative writing at the university, but besides that... Kim is a failure, just like his father always says. Everyone else in the world is better, smarter, and prettier than him.