♧5. Post Killing ♧

When Kim leaves, Chay stares at the door for what feels like hours

When Kim leaves, Chay stares at the door for what feels like hours. His t-shirt is discarded somewhere on his bed. His wound is patched up probably the best that any of his wounds ever were, and Chay can't shake the feeling of Kim's gentle fingers dancing all over his skin. It was crazy, how enchanting it felt watching Kim do something he was confident in. Chay wasn't sure whether Kim felt confident about it or not, but Chay could see the confidence oozing from Kim's body with every move he made and every careful look he took at Chay's wound. And the damn wound—it hurts like hell, but somehow Chay managed to occupy his thoughts with confident Kim, instead of thinking about the paralyzing pain that shoot through his body every time Kim drew the needle through his skin. It's not the first time Chay has been stabbed. It happened once before. That time, his left thigh was the unfortunate part of his body. But he was protecting Porsche from a drunk jerk who foolishly thought that Porsche poisoned his drink, so it was worth it.

Eventually, Chay shakes his head, laughing at himself for not being able to stop thinking about Kim and looking at the door as if Kim will magically appear at the door again.

"You'll see him tomorrow, Chay. Get a grip!" Chay runs his fingers through his hair and makes his way to the kitchen, grabbing a painkiller from the cabinet and chugging it down with water. The wound hurts, but the sharp pain from the beginning, now turned into a dull pain that is fading away and coming back in random intervals, and it's the worst, of course... whenever he freaking moves! But it's fine—he'll be good in a couple of days. Not his first rodeo.

Slowly, he makes his way to the sofa in the living room, lies down and grabs his phone... he should probably call his brother. Porsche should be at his own apartment now, well, if he isn't with Kinn again. He prepares himself for Porsche's worried monologue and goes to press the dial when he hears knocking at the door. Over and over again. Seconds go by, but it doesn't stop.

Chay takes a deep breath and groans, "now when I'm fucking comfortable. This better be serious or else..."

Biting his inner cheek to not wince in pain, he stands up and makes his way towards the door, swinging it open.

Chay was expecting anyone, but the fact that Kim would really appear at his door again wasn't something Chay really thought would happen. But here Kim is, and he looks distressed. Why is he holding the gun, again? Why is he shaking?

Chay's heart drops, "Kim...?"

"I... I think I killed him."

Chay opens the door as wide as he can, "come inside."

And Kim does. He gets right to Chay and hugs him. He doesn't think about it. It's like a reflex. He just makes a step and then another and another until he is right in front of Chay, and then, before he knows it, his arms are around Chay's body, and he is clutching onto Chay for dear life. He is barely aware of the fact that Chay still doesn't wear a t-shirt. And he is also aware of the fact that he shouldn't be touching his boss like that, but p'Chay represents safety for Kim right now, and Kim feels like he needs to be safe. He is scared. Scared of what he had done. He just did something that he loathed all his life. Something that whenever he watched his father or his brothers do, he felt awful for not being able to stop them or to help the victims even though he knew that all those people were awful. Even the man he just killed, even he was awful... Kim still can feel the man's fingers wrapped around his neck, slowly trying to take Kim's life away from him. But he can't help himself. He just... he feels like the worst person ever. He—