♧ 6. Ready? ♧

Porsche is sitting at the bar, shaking his head, still in disbelief

Porsche is sitting at the bar, shaking his head, still in disbelief. Chay is sitting on the other side, chuckling while watching his brother, trying to absorb all the news. Kim left after that awkward morning to attend his classes, saying that he'd be back in the evening if Chay was really sure that they could do some training.

"So, you are telling me that I went on a date with Kinn, and during that time, you got stabbed, Kim was almost strangled, and Kim... Kim killed a man," Porsche finishes his second glass of whiskey, still shaking his head.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. And listen, I tried to call you, but you were too busy having fun, huh?"

"I'm not going to apologise to you for spending time with my boyfriend in my free time."

"I see. Some were having fun, and some were being murdered," Chay smirks teasingly.

"It seems that you are taking it pretty lightly," Porsche comments. "But what about Kim? He didn't seem to be so relaxed when I found you two in the morning."

Chay frows, shaking his head, "no, he isn't well at all. It was his first killing."

"First?"

"First," Chay nods. "he got almost strangled, found me being stabbed and fighting with the guy, had to patch up my wound, and killed a guy... I think it's safe to say that his soft heart did not have a great day yesterday."

"But you seem to really like that soft heart," Porsche says, smiling at Chay.

"There's nothing to not like," Chay shrugs. "I'm just worried that what happened affected him. I mean, you haven't seen him yesterday—he looked so... broken."

"You think that he won't be able to pull off the bouncer job?"

Chay shakes his head, "no, he will. I'm sure that I can help him with that. But I'm worried about him. Maybe you should tell Kinn to check on his brother sometimes."

"But he is checking on him. Don't worry so much, Chay," Porsche pats Chay's shoulder and moves a freshly mixed cocktail in front of him. "Try this. I'm trying a new recipe."

"I don't know, hia," Chay grabs the cocktail and raises it towards his eyes to look at it closer, "this looks hazardous to my health."

"Hey!" Porsche hits Chay with a kitchen cloth.

"Kidding, kidding," Chay chuckles and takes the first sip. "Hmm, it tastes good. I'd say 9/10."

"Nine?!" Porsche's eyes go wide. "Nine? Okay, okay, I'll work on it a little bit more."

"Hia," Chay laughs, "nine is great."

"Nine isn't ten!"

Chay just quietly laughs at his brother again and leaves him to his own devices while he goes upstairs to rest a little before Kim shows up in the afternoon. He didn't have time to talk to Kim much in the morning when Porsche showed up out of nowhere. Chay just hopes that Kim doesn't feel too uncomfortable because of that. During the night, Chay kept waking up to check on Kim, but every time he woke up, Kim was fast asleep. That put Chay at least a little bit at ease. No trouble falling asleep or nightmares is a good sign after what Kim went through.