♧ 3. Help From Shadows ♧

The Flaming Firefighters show always gets everyone going

The Flaming Firefighters show always gets everyone going. Saturday night is only men performing night and it's also the night when Desire's revenue is the highest of the week. It's always an interesting mixture of men and women who end up having the night of their lives. On the other hand, Saturdays are a nightmare for Chay. There are too many people. Too many personalities. And the mixture of so many usually very horny men and women in one place sometimes ends up in nothing short of a disaster. Chay can't even count how many times he had to prevent sex from happening right in the middle of the club or break up a fight where a man and a woman were fighting over one dancer on whom they wouldn't be able to lay their hands anyway. It's safe to say that there are days, especially, Saturdays, when Chay regrets owning a strip club.

But all the other days he loves it, so he guesses that six good days outrank one bad day.

And this time, even though it is Saturday, Chay doesn't find it that bad. Of course, this has nothing to do with the shy mafia prince who is too cute for his own good, being at the club and eagerly listening to every word that comes out of Chay's mouth. No, it definitely has nothing to do with that.

"So, there's area A, B, and C," Chay points at the stage. "That's area A. It's the main and the one that should be the most guarded for the safety of our artists. It includes the stage itself, all the seats right under it, and the tables next to it. We have bouncers assigned by the area, but area A should be overlooked by all of them." Chay glances at Kim, "including you."

"Will I be assigned area A?" Kim asks, nervously playing with the hair tie on his wrist, which doesn't escape Chay's careful eyes. Kim surely does not look like he would want to take care of area A. He might think it's too much responsibility for him at the beginning and he is right because Chay thinks the same. No, once Kim finishes his training with Chay, he'll be assigned to...

Chay takes Kim to the bar. "You'll be assigned to area B which is the bar here. That's my brother's territory. And I must say that from this place is the best view of the entire club. But you don't have to care about the entire club, just this section here. Sometimes guys get too drunk and shit goes down. We need good people to handle them."

Kim nods, his shoulders are hunched, and his lips are so red from how much he is biting them that Chay is surprised that they aren't bleeding yet.

Chay sighs and pulls Kim to sit on the bar stool, their knees almost touching when Chay leans in closer, "you see, it would be really helpful if you told me what's on your mind because, sadly, I'm not a mindreader. I'm trying to help you, Kim, but I need something... I need you to talk to me openly. I'll be honest, this is the first time I'm trying to make a bouncer out of someone who simply doesn't have the personality for it."

Kim gets still next to Chay and a moment later he mumbles a quick, "I'm sorry," and turns around to leave the bar.

Chay is just sitting there, watching Kim making his way through the crowd of already pretty drunk people. He doesn't get up. He just stares. Confused.