♧ 4. What Isn't-Might Be ♧

It's a week later when Chay is supposed to have the first training session with Kim

It's a week later when Chay is supposed to have the first training session with Kim. It's evening, Tuesday, the only day in the week when the club is closed for maintenance. Chay figured that it would be the best day to start Kim's training because at least there would be no distractions. However, Chay set the time of the training at 7 pm which meant that he had virtually the entire day to think about nothing but Kim...

And oh boy, did he think about Kim! Chay couldn't think about anything else. Seriously, Chay, what the fuck is wrong with you?! One cute boy appears in your life and your mind is suddenly in shambles. Not good, not good at all. But there's something about Kim, maybe it's his soft nature or how eager he is to learn, but for some reason Chay just finds himself looking forward to spending time with Kim any chance he gets. And he shouldn't. It's alarming that he does. And it's gonna get even worse if Porsche finds out about it. He is already fairly suspicious since that time when Chay gave Kim a ride home, and when he overheard Chay's spontaneous monologue so if he were to find out that Chay can't stop thinking about Kim, Chay would never have a peaceful day ever again.

Chay throws away a cigarette after taking the last drag and makes his way across the parking lot towards Desire. He has been out in town running some errands, and now when it's almost 7 pm, he is running just in time for Kim to arrive. A light rain has been falling on the dry streets of town since early in the morning, filling the air with the smell of petrichor. Chay's combat boots splash around the rainwater that is forming little pools here and there on the ground, darkness is slowly taking over the light in the day, and Chay, almost at the entrance of Desire, takes off his hoodie and ruffles his hair. But then he stops, right in the middle and listens. He isn't alone. Someone else is here and it's not Kim. Kim doesn't make Chay's sixth sense spike up with immediate fight or flight mode.

Chay smells trouble.

And then, just when he turns around, he knows why.

"Khun Lee, didn't I tell you to not come here again?" Chay asks sternly.

"I told you that I'll get you one day, Kittisawat!"

"And I told you if you show up here one more time no one will ever find you again. So, fuck off!" Chay really doesn't have time for this shit! Kim will be here any moment.

"I think that you should be the one to disappear!" the man growls and lunges himself at Chay. At first, all Chay can see is the man's fist coming right at him, but he has no problem dodging that immediately, however, there's something else he catches in the corner of his eyes, it glistens for a brief moment in the artificial red light of the DESIRE club sign right above the entrance. It's a knife. Where the fuck he got that from now? Chay grabs the man's wrist and twists it behind the man's back, trying to push him to drop the knife, but the man kicks his leg, striking Chay's knee, making him stumble a little bit to the back, letting go of the man.

"You seriously want to do this, khun Lee? Killing me in front of my club where I have cameras... you think that's a good idea?"

"Shut your fucking mouth!" the man strikes Chay's arm, the blade cutting through his clothes, scratching his skin.