♧ 10. Why Should I? ♧

Kim is—to simply put it—freaking out!

When he decided to run right from university to Desire, it didn't even cross his mind that Chay might... uhm... like him in the university uniform a lot. Kim turned Chay on, and he didn't even plan to do it. He didn't even think it could be so easy for him to do it. He isn't pretty. He isn't hot. He isn't attractive at all. His father has always told him how ugly he is. But... then Kim thinks about Chay telling him how pretty he is. Maybe he should trust his p'Chay instead of his father. Maybe he could at least try to see himself the way his boyfriend sees him.

His skin is still pulsing with the feeling of Chay's lips all over his neck. They were so soft, and yet they were so hot setting something off inside of Kim. Something that makes Kim crave more. He is watching Chay standing right next to the bar, eyes scanning the club inch by inch carefully with the utmost precision, not letting anything escape him. Shivers run all over Kim's body, thinking about how those eyes, which are now scrutinising the entire club, could be looking the same way at Kim, at his body, at his naked body. Kim has always thought that his insecurities would make him feel scared to be intimate with someone, but when he thinks about giving himself to Chay, he isn't afraid at all. Nervous, yes. But not afraid.

"You are blocking the entrance, man! Move!" It's a rough, unpleasant voice and already drunk which comes right from behind Kim, and then he is pushed harshly towards the wall as the group of men laugh and continue deeper into the club. In the corner of his eye, Kim can see Chay already making his way towards them, but Kim just shakes his head as he makes eye contact with Chay. He can take care of it himself. He has to start somewhere, and he has to show Chay and Porsche that he is capable of doing it. That he isn't just wasting their time.

"There is a place for rude assholes like you!" Kim calls out after the group of men. "It's called six feet under."

The men stop in their tracks and turn around. One of them, the one who shoved Kim towards the wall, glares at him, raising his eyebrow, "are you threatening us right now you..." the man eyes Kim in his student uniform up and down, "child?!"

"Threatening? Nooo," Kim shakes his head, "there's a club called six feet under. It's where I send all the assholes like you. Never heard of it?"

"You little fucker!" the man screams and throws himself at Kim, but Kim simply makes just one step to the right and the man stumbles past him back into the entrance corridor.

"Oops," Kim shrugs, "I'm here... not... there."

"So you want to play, huh?" the man growls like a madman, and finally, his group of friends joins in.

This is exactly what Kim was waiting for. He nods and runs past the man towards the club's exit, "yes, let's play! I wonder if even one of you is capable enough to take a swing at me."

There are other bouncers guarding Desire from the outside. All Kim needs to do is get those idiots out of the club and tell the bouncers not to let them back in. Kim might not be yet good at using his fists, but he has always been good at using his brain. He has never been smart enough for his father, and even Kim can't bring himself to think about himself as particularly smart, but one thing he always knows how to do—find the best and the easiest solution when he needs it. And right now, the solution is to run for a moment.