12. Punishment

Nandini's pov

I sat on one of the couch as I couldn't take the lies anymore.

"Would you like to drink something mam?" One of the waiter asked.

"Cocktail please" I said while he nodded and left towards the bar.

After a while I was served the cocktail. I wasn't sitting alone, An old lady was sitting a little away on the same couch so it wasn't that weird.

"Nandini" I looked up listening my name to see the same girl from one of Emir's friends. "How are you?" She asked sitting in front of me.

"Good" I said.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't introduced myself to you, Myself Alia" she said forwarding her hand.

"I'm sorry Alia but I'm not in a mood to talk but... It was nice meeting you" I said.

"Oh alright" saying so she was leaving but again stopped and looked towards me. "Just one thing I would like to say"

"What?"

"I understand you are his cousin and you have to stay with him in the same house but... Stay away from him" Is she threatening me?

"Excuse me?"

"Look I will say straight I want to be with him I mean I love him I love him alot and I can't stand the fact you both are staying in the same house so I'm just trying to tell you don't try to go close to him" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Well you're very lucky because I hate him, I'm not interested in him not even a little bit so relax" I said drinking my cocktail.

"Well in that case you're in my friend list" I forced a smile.

I'm dying to be your friend.

"I'll go to Emir" she said and left.

He was standing with an old aged couple, smiling talking. Alia went towards him, hugged him and they start talking.

Later she took him to the centre and they start dancing like a couple. I sighed as I'm tired already I wanna go home, take this dress off, wash my face and jump on bed to sleep.

"Hi" I looked up, not again!

"Hey"

"I hope I didn't disturbed you"

"No not at all" I lied.

"Well will you mind if I ask for a dance with you?" I looked around then back at him. Should I?

"But I don't know much about dance"

"Leave that on me I won't embarrass you" he said and I given my hand to him.

We came in the centre of the hall where other couples were dancing. We start moving doing steps I was just following him.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"Nandini"

"Nice to meet you Nandini, I'm Akash"

"Nice name"

"Thank you... Who are you here with I mean are you alone?"

"No I'm here with... My cousin" Oh god How long will I have to lie?

"Oh I see... But I guess he is busy" he said and I nodded

"He is a businessman so you know"

He twirls me and pulled back but... It wasn't him. It was Aaryaman, I was numb and shocked as well. Am I dreaming?

"You?" I said

"Yes me what happened?" He asked

"Nothing" I kept my head on his shoulder.

"You fine?" He asked

"Yeah just let me be like this for a moment" I took a deep breathe as I know I would cry any moment.

"If you want we can stop the dance" he said and I looked at him, if wasn't him anymore

I moved away getting back to my senses. "I'm sorry Akash I just...-"

"It's ok you sit and drink something" he said and I nodded.

I moved towards the bathroom as I wasn't able to control my tears anymore.

Coming Inside I kept the purse on washbasin. I was crying, I can't control anymore I... I miss him.

"Nandini" I turned around. "What you think you are doing? Everyone was looking at you" he said. I wiped my tears.

"So? I don't care let them see"

"Nandini don't"

"What don't what am I doing Can't I cry?" I almost shouted.

"No you can't at least not in public so yeah wipe your fucking tears and move out"

"What you think of yourself?" I pushed him hard. "I'm not your puppet"

"Behave yourself"

"I won't what will you do? Slap me? Punish me? What else can you do? You only know how to torture peoples is this what you family taught you... Oh or maybe you killed them too-"

Thud

"You fucking bitch what you think you are?" He held my hairs in his tight grip. "Let's see what punishment I'll give you now" he pulled me out of washroom.

"Emir leave me It's hurting" his grip was tight on my arm.

"Let it hurt I don't care" He threw me inside the car and himself sat on the other side.

The driver started the engine and we drove off. I'm not scared he will again lock me in room what else can he do?

"Lilly lock Ayza in one of your room and she won't come in this portion Until I order, you get me?" He shouted as soon as we entered the house.

"Yes sir" she left from there.

"You can't do this to her, Ayza has no fault in this you can't give my punishment to her Emir"

"Shut the fuck up" he threw me on bed. "Your punishment is to stay away from Ayza for a week or maybe more it depends on my mood, You can't meet her, can't talk to her can't even see her you understand?"

"You can't stop me"

"Try me if you want... If you won't listen to me then I will punish her not you keep that in mind... I'm really cruel" He said and left.

"Arghhh"

I have to do something... I can't let this happen 1 week without her how will she stay without me there... No no no I have to do something.

Oh god Why I shouted on him, why?

I have to make it up somehow this time I messed up. I thought he will lock me up but he chose my weakness, He chose Ayza.

Alina❤