Maafi

*SAMAIRA'S POV*

It's one week after the family dinner and we have finally started preparations for the wedding in full force.

"Aap samajh nahi rahe hain Bhaisab... Ghar ki pehli shadi hai.....aap kaise bhi arrange kijiye" Dad said to someone on the phone.

Everything is beautifully chaotic right now. every morning dad is reasoning with someone on the phone.

"Chalo sab ready ho jaao" Mom said.

"Kahan jaa rahe hai?" I asked.

"shopping karni hai. Tumhaari bhabhi lehnga select karne aa rhi hai, hume sarees Leni hai aur Bhai ke outfits bhi select karne hai ... Kitna saara kaam hai" mom said.

I went back to my room and got dressed up in my blue denim and black t-shirt. We headed out for shopping, Bhaiya dropped us off at the market and left for his office.

After rejecting 22 shops, Mom finally agreed on one. She called Bhabhi, Damini aunty and vineeta aunty to reach that shop. Everyone arrived at the shop and we started looking for suitable outfits.

Bhabhi didn't like any of the 16 lehngas that the salesman displayed, so we switched to another shop. After almost 5 hours of walking between different showrooms, we finally agreed upon the first outfit that is the bride's lehnga. It was by far the most mesmerizing lehnga I have seen. We also selected outfits for other ceremonies. Finally after almost 7 hours, our Shopping was complete. We couldn't find a good readymade shervani for bhaiya so Mom gave the measurements to a designer and we are getting it custom made.

I have bought five dresses for myself and all the older women bought almost 3 dozen of sarees.

I also sent the wedding invitation card to Saisha and Gaurika and they will also be coming. I am so excited for the day.

*JUNE 14- HALDI*

It is finally the official beginning of the wedding. We have the haldi ceremony today. We decided the host the haldi ceremony in our garden. Our garden is big enough to host the entire wedding, but we'll keep it for the haldi only.

Traditional decorations such as marigold garlands, mango leaves, and colorful drapes hang from every corner, infusing the space with warmth and cheer. A large canopy or mandap, intricately decorated with fresh flowers and flowing fabrics, serves as the focal point of the venue. Beneath its shelter, a raised platform is set up for the bride or groom to sit while the haldi ceremony takes place.

The fragrance of turmeric fills the air as bowls of freshly ground haldi paste are placed on decorative trays, ready to be applied to the bride or groom's skin.

Small bowls of rose water and sandalwood paste accompany the haldi paste, offering additional blessings and purification.

Traditional music plays softly in the background, adding to the festive ambiance and encouraging guests to join in the celebration with dance and song.

"bhaiya aap gane laga do ache se koi...ye kya aapne boring sa music laga rakha hai" I told the DJ.

I felt like I was the busiest person today.
"Mom jaldi kijiye! Sab ready hai Bhabhi bhi aati hongi" I said.

As the anticipation mounted, family and friends gathered eagerly near the gate, their faces alight with excitement and joy. The air was filled with the sound of laughter and chatter, mingling with the gentle hum of anticipation.

Bhabhi looked absolutely radiant in her yellow lehenga, the vibrant hue complementing her glowing face. I went and gave her a hug because I am absolutely in love with her.