Chapter Three

"Hello, Regina. You look well..." Cora says with a sickly sweet tone, I can't help how my body reacts to this feeling of defeat. I can feel my head drop and my shoulders slump as I greet her.
"Do stand up straight, dear. You're queen, Regina."
"I..uh.." she sniffs before straightening her posture and holding her head high, "yes ma'am. You, too, look well." She finishes with a nigh imperceptible tremble in her voice.
What the hell? Regina would never just... submit like that, it isn't like her. Cora steps forward and cups Regina's face and the Queen flinches away from the contact as if it burned her.
"Gi? You okay?" I ask cautiously.
The anguish on her face is replaced with her steely, Evil Queen mask before she disappears in a puff of purple smoke. My heart truly hurts seeing that pain on her face, it was enough for her to exit the situation altogether. Very odd behavior for the mayor.
"How in the hell did you get past the town line, Cora?" Snow asks ferociously, I've never heard Snow's voice like that.
"Dearest flake of Snow, my how you've... grown. Tis quite a pity though, isn't it? To be the same age as your own daughter, this... so-called Saviour." she coos as she takes a step closer to Snow. She touches her cheek lightly and I can see Mary Margaret's knees buckle before she slaps her hand away from her face, drawing her bow and arrow.
"I don't need Emma to end this, Cora," Snow snarls, "we both know any arrow shot from this bow will always meet it's target no matter where you go."
"A gift from Rrrrumple, I gather..." Cora says, mocking the Dark One seamlessly, "how IS the old spinster?"
"Enough!" I shout before stepping between them, drawing my weapon, "back away, BITCH."
"Oh, she IS Charming isn't she?" Cora chuckles melodically, "Emma, is it? My, my. How... underwhelming. Prophecy isn't quite what it used to be."
"I'd make myself scarce, witch..." I warn forcefully, "and, if I catch you near my family or Regina, who is also family, again... you and I will have major issues."
"You'll see... you can't keep my daughter from me, Savior. You'll all see..." she chuckles as she apparates from the forest, her magic reverberates like a thunderclap.
"Emma, are you okay?" Snow asks gently as she grips my shoulder reassuringly.
"THAT is Regina's mother?!"
"Unfortunately, yes..."
"Christ.... yet, everyone wonders why she went dark? Does anyone ask questions in your realm? A couple of minutes within fifty feet of her was enough for me to want to hex her. Her energy felt like it was pulling my darkness forth like a magnet." I growl in frustration but I smile for a brief second as I realize for the first time that Regina has always been right. "My parents are idiots."
"Emma? Are you sure you're okay? I've never seen you like this..."
"I'm fine, Mary Margaret..." Snow winces at my use of her cursed name, "it's Regina I'm worried about. And, you should be, too. Something isn't right. Look, gather the townspeople and put out the alert that Cora is in Storybrooke."
"Where are you going?"
"Something wasn't right."
"What do you mean, Emma?"
Thoughts race inside my mind as I begin to recall my time in foster care. Concern wells within me, threatening to burst. I've seen this behavior before... "SHIT!" I gasp, grabbing my chest.
My heart is racing so quickly it feels it could stop beating any second. I've never felt more compelled to be by someone's side.
"Someone has to check on Regina. Now! Please be safe and keep in touch." I say firmly before transporting myself to the Manor.
Snow is left in the woods with David, they share a knowing gaze.
"Cora being here isn't good, Snow. We need to act now."
"No, David. Not yet. Something is happening to Emma. Can't you see it?"
"Nothing is going to happen to Emma, Snow."
"No... I mean, I think she's found it."
"Found what?"
"True Love."