Chapter Seven

As the three of us head to the Convent, intent on putting an end to Cora's time in Storybrooke, we're all stunned by the feeling of the greatest power to ever exist.
"Snow, did that-" Ruby pauses.
"I know that feeling anywhere...." Snow says.
"True Love's Kiss.... but, who--?" David asks.
Red gasps with delight as she lays a hand over her heart.
"Can't you feel it, Snow?" She asks.
I stand quietly, allowing my heart to take over.
"It's them... Emma and Regina. You're right, Ruby. I do feel it."
"I-It's beautiful..." the wolf sighs happily clutching her heart.
"I think I feel it, too." David says.
"Regina said there could be side effects to the psychic connection from the tear we shared when Greg and Tamara took her."
"Let's consider this one thing a blessing, shall we?"
"Hey... if we felt that. How do you think Cora is fairing?" Ruby chuckles.
"Well, if love is weakness I'm certain she's positively frail..." David offer sarcastically.
"David!"
"Charming!!"
"What?! It's true..." he grumbles softly, Emma and Henry do the same thing when chastised after saying something relevant and snarky.
"I know, dear. I'm only teasing..."
The doors to the Convent fly open and Mother Superior rushes down the stairs.
"Who shared True Love's Kiss?" The fairy demands.
"It was Regina, Blue...." Snow offers calmly, "and Emma."
"That can't be possible... Tink showed Regina her True Love with pixie dust. The man with the lion tattoo."
"Oh... um, you guys didn't know?" I say awkwardly.
"Out with it, Mutt..." the Blue Fairy snarls.
"Emma technically does have a lion tattoo."
"WHAT?!"
"She has the Leo constellation on the left side of her ribcage."
"The Lion..." Blue mumbles completely in awe, "it's destiny..."
"What are you talking about, Blue?" Snow asks, "what destiny?"
"For as long as I have lived, there have been infinite prophesies... but, only one of such notable power that even I, Rhuel Ghorm, would bow down to."
"I don't understand..." David offers dimly.
"When the pinnacles of darkest night and brightest day come together first as equals then as one, the creation of Truest Love and a New Era begun..."
"New Era begun?"
"All of our realms will become one. Magic will no longer be unpredictable and mortals will no longer fear who we are. The reward of their union isn't just for them, they've freed us all to live amongst one another in peace...."
"And?" I offer smugly, "I can tell you're leaving something out..."
"I wanted to tell Regina myself..."
"Seeing as Cora used your image to fool us last time, you'll forgive us for not being keen on letting you near her."
"Snow, please..."
"Not a chance, Gnat... we can relay the message." Ruby growls.
"Regina's darkness was a curse put upon her heart and soul by Cora. If she fought for her freedom, independence, and love she was met with darkness that she would unintentionally absorb. Now that she is tethered to her Truest Love, Cora has no power over her or Emma; nothing has power over them anymore. Regina's heart is Pure, once again."
"How do we know we can trust you?"
"You'll see what I mean, in time." She says with a brilliant smile before snapping her fingers and transfigures herself to her true fairy form and disappearing into the night.
"Well... that was utterly vague and unhelpful."
"Not necessarily..." Snow offers, "it makes sense. The night I ruined her life, Regina did mention an intense desire to escape Cora. That's why she wanted to elope with Daniel, it was a way out."
"I don't understand... what does that have to do with anything?"
"I mean, Regina didn't start practicing dark magic until after Daniel died..."
"Ohhhhh-kay. And?"
"It means that Cora groomed Regina to be a vessel of darkness, CURSED her. And, it would seem the curse wasn't complete until the moment Daniel's heart was crushed."
"Snow, that's what Blue just said." David interrupts.
"No, David... you don't understand. If Regina was cursed by Cora then that means the curse was designed by someone else, someone who wields power much greater than her."
"Right, so... Who gave it to Cora and why?"
"Exactly."
"Wait... why does it matter?" David offers dimly.
"Because, you dolt, whoever created that curse may have done as Rumplestiltskin did with the Dark Curse. God, how does Regina do it?!" Ruby growls, finally chiming in, "You think a greater plan was enacted?"
"I do... this prophecy is older than Blue and Gold... we never considered a grander scheme in our world. But, after being brought to this world by a curse it makes me wonder what greater forces could be at play. This place might be the Land Without Magic but Mary Margaret has cursed memories of learning about ancient cultures in school. Perhaps Storybrooke landing here isn't a coincidence. "
"Ya know, Regina's life has been sickeningly Dickensian... even moreso in this world." Ruby offers, "maybe you're right, Snow."
"Okay, you two... I'm not saying I'm lost but I'm not completely caught up."
"Darling, we'll do the research and catch up with you later. I have a hunch."
"Ugh, don't tell me.... Regina's?" I growl.
"Yes, we need to speak with her."
"Do I have to go?" I whine, "why can't David go?"
"Because, I doubt she'd want to talk to a man, Red."
"Ugh, fine." I growl, "but you owe me. You know she really pisses me off."
"Don't pretend like she hasn't grown on you."
"Sure, she has... like a tick in my wolf's clothing."