Chapter Five

After Emma left us in the forest, David, Red, and I went on patrol through the town. I throw my bow and quiver over my shoulder as we walk through the park. Memories flash in my mind from childhood and a wave of emotion overcomes me.
"Red, David... I'm telling you. Cora will stop at nothing to get to Regina. We have to do something."
"Snow, is that genuine concern for Regina?" Red asks smugly, "your mortal enemy?"
"Yes, actually. Neither of you could ever understand but trust me when I say we should all be concerned about that witch being inside the town line."
"Explain..." Red growls, "a full moon is upon me and I have no time to beat around the bush."
"She... hurt Regina. A lot..." I can feel my cheeks burning hot, "and she did what she could to keep me safe even though she supposedly hated me. No one knows what she did for me. Even after... what I did. W-We have to help her."
"Snow, I don't underst-.... oh..." Red trails off, "oh God! That's sick."
"I don't understand..." David ponders, "wha--- oh..."
"Yeah, guys. 'Oh!'" I sigh, I can see why Regina is constantly irritated with us all, "perhaps that's why she couldn't handle her marriage to my father. From what I gathered, it was dark and dubious. At this point, good riddance."
"SNOW!" David shrieks, "he was your father."
"David, we've lived in this world for 28 years. Now that I know what rape and domestic violence means and can look like, I can't look back fondly. Which is fair. Regina wouldn't have gone dark if not for me, Cora and my father. They were both depraved human beings and it's time to admit that openly."
"I-- she has a point, D." Red offers ruefully.
"I know... I just never thought I'd live to see the day where we were all in agreement about this." He sighs amusingly before massaging the back of his neck.
"Now that we are, we have to find a way to help Emma save Regina. I think I know how to start."
"What's with those two, anyway?" David asks nonchalantly, "are they still pretending they aren't in love."
"If that's the game, Charming, they're both grandmasters." Ruby offers slickly.
"Honestly, I wish they'd just pull the rag all the way off the bush and face whatever it is they have between them, we are a family after all."
"Snow? How exactly do you plan on helping Regina?"
Snow smiles that regal yet impish smile before replying happily.
"By rallying the troops, of course."
"By calling Leroy?" David chuckles.
"By calling Leroy."
"Not sure when he became the page boy, but I support it." Ruby growls.