Chapter Ten

With Blue's assistance, a cuff was created to snuff out Cora's residual magic; her offensive power was stripped as a result of the curse on Regina's heart being broken. It's satisfying to know that love was always only her weakness... eventually, she'll be rendered completely mortal and incapable of ever wielding magic again. After locking her in her cell at the station, Blue escorts me to my office before shutting the door.
"Emma, may I speak plainly?"
"Of course, Mother Superior."
"I know of your love with the Evil Queen."
"She's NOT evil." My voice booms.
The fairy almost visibly shivers. Is she... afraid of me?
"I meant no disrespect to Her Highness, Your Grace..." Excuse me?!
"No, Blue. I'm sorry. It's just... been a very long night."
"I assume you both now have the power to Stitch?"
"To Stitch?"
"You know of Cora's cruelty toward your Truest Love?"
"Yeah."
"How do you know?"
"I- We.. she touched her forehead against mine and I saw it... all of it in an instant."
"Then I feel you must know the truth. Cora cursed Regina's heart..."
"I had a feeling. Does she know?"
"I believe Snow and the Wolf went to tell her...."
"What aren't you telling me, Blue?"
"You two fulfilled one of the most powerful and beautiful prophecies ever predicted."
"I'm sorry... we huh?"
"I believe that is to be discussed with your Queen, Your Highness."
"Cut the shit, Blue. What's going on?"
"You aren't asking the right questions, Emma."
"Wha-? I..." I pause as I scratch my stomach. My stomach...! I lift my shirt and find the wound to be completely healed leaving a slight scar.
"What the hell?! I-I died..."
"You didn't..."
"Why?" I gasp.
"Because we're immortal, my love." Regina's voice cuts in suddenly as she appears from a pink pillar of smoke. She looks to be about my age and her hair is longer, but her eyes are still hers. She's dressed like herself but something about her presence is lighter, almost weightless. Blue silently excuses herself from the room to give us privacy to help the other fairies seal Cora's prison until they can transfer her.
"R-Regina?"
She runs up to me and wraps her arms around me tightly and I immediately return her embrace.
"It's me, Emma." She whispers with a smile, she pulls away and I study her face. Her freckles are prominent and her eyes are bright. It really is her...
"What happened?"
"I-I think it's our reward..."
"For what?"
"For ushering in a new Era of peace."
"I'm sorry?"
"We're the Pinnacles of Peace, Emma."
"We're what?!"
"I.. our love apparently proved something to the Universe. When the pinnacles of darkest night and brightest day come together first as equals and then as one, the creation of Truest Love and a New Era begun. It's my guess that this," Regina gestures to herself, "is part of it. I..Um..." she stutters adorably as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. I can't help but smile at her dumbly; I take a step closer and her dark brown eyes shimmer and widen slightly as I examine her more fully. She's almost radiating light and I begin to understand what Blue meant, perhaps the shift in her physical appearance is a side effect to the purity of her heart; she wasn't truly dark until Daniel died in front of her.
"Emma? You okay?" Her voice is still exactly the same and it sends shivers up my spine.
"I'm f-fine, honey. I'm sorry for staring it's just..."
"What?" Regina pouts.
"You're so beautiful... I mean, you've always been beautiful. It's just... shit, what am I saying?! I just... wow, I'm an idiot."
She grabs the lapel on my red leather jacket and pulls me into a soft, playful kiss.
"But, you're my idiot Swan. Don't forget it."
"It really is you, isn't it?"
She rolls her eyes and my heart flutters.
"I mean it, though princess. You really are beautiful."
Her speckled cheeks blush a light pink.
"Th-Thanks, s-so are you," she offers gently. I pull her into me and I kiss her fiercely, she moans into the kiss before resting her hands on my waist. I pepper light kisses along her jaw and on her pulse point.
"Em-ma..." she whimpers, "you aren't playing fair." I nip lightly along her neck before kissing her, again. She responds by moaning into me wantonly as her fingers dig lightly into my hips, coaxing me impossibly closer. When I firmly press my hips against her, I can feel her warm body tremble. I nip her upper lip slightly, grazing her scar and she groans softly.
"E-Emma, don't tease me."
I step back as my chest rises and falls rapidly.
"I'm so sorry, Gina. I- don't know what came over me... I- you're-" she interrupts me with a wet kiss that steals my breath, then suddenly I feel like I'm spinning; when everything stills once again, I find that Gina transported us back to her room at the manor.
"What are you doing, princess?" I ask softly as she peels my jacket off.
"Mmm... nothin'..." she hums as she shrugs off her coat, "I'm hot, aren't you?"
"I- yeah, you're hot... I mean, I'm hot-not... I mean..."
"Emma..."
"Yeah?"
"You're rambling..."
"I- yeah, I am aren't I? I mean, I don't get wh-"
"Emma?"
"Hmm?"
"Just because the curse on my heart broke doesn't mean I'm any different.."
"I know, I-"
"I'm not really a teenager..."
"I... I know that."
"You aren't Cora, Emma. You're my Emma... you're brave and kind and patient and you love me. Don't you?"
"More than anything..."
"So, it isn't the same thing. It's okay to touch me. Please... if I'm getting a second chance at this, I'd like you to be my first."
I feel my cheeks warm at her words, I shouldn't be as turned on as I am but...
"Emma, I'm still a 36 year old woman with needs..." Her voice returns to her husky, Evil Queen timbre and it ignites a fire within me. A playful light dances in her eyes before she pulls her shirt over her head. I want to give her what she wants but the largest part of me knows she needs to feel safe and secure.
"I know that, sweetheart. And, I always want you..."
"But?"
"But, tonight has been... baby, I-I thought I'd never see you again... a part of me still thinks I'm dead. I..."
"What can I do for you, my love?"
"C-Can I just... listen to your heart beating? P-Please? It's the only way that I'll know this is real."
Regina lays back and gently pulls me into her chest, stroking my hair gently. Her smell is intoxicating, it's a mix of vanilla and clove that is so uniquely her. Her warmth envelopes me and my fear slowly melts away with each beat of her heart.
"You're okay, Emma. You're still here. I love you, so much. I will always love you."
"And, I'll spend an eternity making my death up to you, princess."
"Emma, you scared me..."
"Gina, I-- I couldn't let her hurt you. P-Please, you have to understand... I c-couldn't let her..." My voice cracks, "B-Baby, I thought I l-left you with her. I thought I broke my promise. I-I'm so sorry," I sob and it only makes me more emotional, "and, I'm sorry I'm crying and for being so wea--"
"Don't you dare call yourself that, Emma Sinéad Swan..." Her voice is a gentle command, "don't ever stop loving me the way you do, ever."
"Y-Yes, ma'am." Ma'am?!
"You saved me..."
"But..."
"No! You, your love saved me tonight. You make me so strong, so powerful. Emma, your love for me made us immortal."
"I-I did?"
"Yes! You, my love, made us equals by never giving up on our son, we've raised him together. Then, you made me fall in love with you, you idiot. And, part of me knew that you loved me, too. I'm sorry it took me so long to admit it."
"S'okay..." What the hell is wrong with me?
"I love you, Emma."
"I love you, too Gina."
------
It's been several weeks since our showdown with Cora and her somewhat epic defeat, Storybrooke is adjusting well to the bleeding together of realms... so, why hasn't Emma really spent time with me? She says she's busy and I have no reason to be skeptical. She's helping to reunite and house all of the Enchanted Forest immigrants while the Fairies work to conjure functional housing by this world's standards. Each family ends up feeling like royalty in this world and they deserve it after everything I put them through. But, it's odd for them to not be afraid of me... for nearly 30 years, these people bowed and kissed my feet just so I wouldn't kill them. And, sometimes, I did anyway... but apparently, mine and Emma's essence as the Pinnacles tends to be recognizable among those that dwelled in the realms of magic. What she's doing is amazing, but I miss her... even when she's at the Manor, she's different. She's different with me... and, while my body seems to only be 19, I'm still me... God, I'm almost 40 and I want sex with her and she just doesn't seem interested. It makes me emotional and angry...
Honestly, I'm a little confused. I must be outwardly pouting because Emma drops her file on the coffee table.
"You okay?"
"No." I whimper.
"Gina, what is it?"
"D-Do you not want me anymore? A-Am I not attractive to you anymore?"
"What? No!"
"Is there someone else?"
"No!!!"
"Then why won't you touch me? Or, kiss me? Or, hold my hand? Why are we sitting in complete silence? D-Do I disgust you because of what she did? I-Is that it?!" I realize that I'm yelling at her and I don't care, "E-Emma, I swear, I didn't want her to... P-Please believe me..." I sob hysterically before knocking her files in the floor.
"Gina, stop it!"
"N-No! Y-Y-You don't get to ignore me and discard me and then try to handle or guide me when it SUITES YOU! I-I... need to know that you still... find me desirable, y-you made me feel beautiful. Worshipped even... I--" I sigh and give in to my silence, I sound pathetic and desperate, "f-forget it, I h-have paperwork to finish a-anyway. I-I'm sorry for bothering you," I sniffle before leaving my place on the couch next to her; after blotting my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater, I feel her grab my biceps to stop me in the threshold. My stomach flips and a lump forms in my throat.
"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have y-yelled! I... I'll be good, I promise."
Her grip isn't forceful, but it's firm enough to be present. She releases them before wrapping her arms around me in a hug.
"Gina, I'm not upset! And, even if I was, I'd never hurt you, princess. Ever. B-But, I have hurt you haven't I?"
She takes my silence as an affirmative.
"Honey, you don't disgust me, there isn't anyone else. Fuck yes, I think you're attractive."
"Then, what's your damage, Swan?! W-What is it!?"
"I-- don't want to hurt you, Gina."
"Hurt me? What are you talking about?"
"I..." she hesitates, her cheeks are turning a deep red.
"Emma, baby... what is it?" I ask gently as I step close to her, touching her arm.
"G-Gina, don't..." she warns but I push forward anyway. Consequences be damned... I close the distance between us and I kiss her passionately, much to my surprise she responds emphatically. She grabs my ass firmly and pulls me into her before breaking away to kiss my neck; she nips at my pulse point before soothing my skin with her tongue. Arousal thrums in my lower belly and I feel like I'm on fire, my magic swirls in my veins as she slips her hands under my shirt. Her warmth sears itself into my skin and I whimper softly as she sucks my neck.
"E-Emma, please..."
She lifts me with ease before placing me on her desk, she presses herself between my legs and I'm grateful for the friction. She claims my mouth in a primal kiss before practically jerking my coat off my body and discarding it haphazardly on the floor. This is more like it... I think to myself.
I've wanted you since that night at the manor...
Why didn't you say something?
Because I felt that what I wanted would've been cruel...
You could never be cruel, Emma...
But, wanting to thoroughly claim you after you'd been violated would've been wrong.
C-Claim me?
She breaks the kiss at my final thought.
"I-I can't. I... fuck." she whispers to herself, her mind seems to be reeling and I slowly begin to realize what's been bothering her; I inhale a calming breath before deciding to follow my instincts.
"Emma?" I offer softly, gaining her attention. When her eyes meet mine, I pull my shirt over my head and her blue eyes twinkle. She bites her bottom lip slightly as she studies my body, I feel proud to have her undivided attention.
"You want to claim me?"
She swallows thickly and nods almost imperceptibly.
"A-Answer me, please."
"Yes, Gina."
"You want to defile me?"
"I- wha-? I mean, uh-"
"It's okay if you do.... just because my physical body is back to square one doesn't mean that I am, Emma."
She shivers when I pull her close.
"I want to know what it feels like to be under your weight, I want you to pin my hands above my head with our fingers clasped together... I want you to take me, mark me within reason. I'm yours..."
"S-Say it, again..."
"I'm yours..." I whisper as she unbuttons my slacks, "I'm yours..." I continue like a mantra as she slips her hand into my panties cupping my wet heat. I moan softly and she kisses me passionately as she slips a finger inside me.
"You're so wet, princess..." she moans before slipping another finger inside me, "fuck, you're so perfect. You were made for me, weren't you?"
"Y-Yes! F-Fuck..." I yelp as she swipes her thumb against my clit, my hands grip her waist pulling her impossibly closer as her pace increases; our breath tangles when she rests her forehead against mine and my body begins to quiver as my orgasm quickly approaches.
"E-Emma, don't stop... I need you."
"I've got you, princess." She whispers before kissing me again. With a few more thrusts and one more firm swipe of her thumb, I'm pushed over the edge; my nails bite into her flesh as a gutteral groan is ripped from my chest. She kisses me softly as she works me through my ecstasy, after she slowly extracts her fingers from my body she joyfully sucks her fingers clean. I feel my cheeks blushing at the erotic and intimate act.
"You okay, sweetheart?" Her voice is warm and velvety as she pulls me into a warm hug. I pull back enough to kiss her deeply and my head spins as the taste of my arousal blends with the taste of Emma. A fire rages within me and I feel a primal lust tearing it's way through my body, I kiss her more fiercely as I work the button on her jeans. When I slip my hand into her panties, Emma braces herself on the desk as she moans into the kiss; I smile against the contact at how responsive she is to my touch. It makes me feel powerful... much like the Darkness but actually satisfying.
No amount of crushed hearts nor having Snow's heart in my hand was as empowering as this. I think to myself.
I'm only like this with you, Regina. You're the only one for me.
She whimpers softly as I slip a finger into her gently, her knees buckle slightly.
"You're so pretty, Emma..." I whisper before kissing her neck, I nip her skin lightly as I grind my palm into her clit. She grips my thighs tightly as she swears under her breath, she hides behind her hair as though her pleasure is something to ashamed of.
"Don't hide from me, my love. You're so beautiful."
I brush her hair back out of her face, stroking her cheek lightly before kissing her deeply; she wraps her arms around me, I can feel her body trembling as her orgasm builds. She grips my shirt and moans into me as she comes.
"You okay, Emma?"
"Yes, I'm m-more than okay."
"Gina, I'm sorry I've been so distant, I-"
"No! It's okay, I... I've never really been wanted that much by someone that I wanted that much. D-Does that make sense?"
She sighs and suddenly looks relieved.
"Emma, I'm not afraid to explore new dynamics with you. I know I'm safe with you, okay?"
"God, I- how do you always know what's in my head?"
"Because you let me into your heart, dear. I think I figured out what happened to me."
"Oh?"
"Us, this prophecy, the curse on my heart, diffusing the trigger, the fire, the apple tree, even the dark curse... all of it has to do with love, right?"
"When I think about it, yeah."
"And, maybe I'm wrong... but, did you even for a split second believe that you'd done something to make me look this way? Is that why you felt weird?"
"I- why?"
"Because, I think the prophecy coming true sort of lifted a veil or shroud of some kind. You've always seen me this way, yes? Free, happy, healthy, and without the influence of my mother or dark magic?"
"Yes. I never saw the Evil Queen, no matter how hard you tried. I saw a scared young woman in those beautiful brown eyes, I... can't explain it."
"But, you were right Emma. I-I think you were meant to because we were meant to be together. The pixie dust was wrong... I don't understand how."
"What are you talking about?"
"A-After a particularly difficult... encounter with Leopold, I found myself alone in my chambers. I was sobbing as I attempted to clean myself up and my nightgown was in shreds. I missed Daniel so much, my mother kept pushing for an heir, I hated Snow yet I loved her enough that I spent so much time protecting her from my mother and her father, and the king was becoming more and more brutal with me. I was exhausted, in pain, and alone... I walked out to the balcony and stood on the edge, I kept thinking how easy it would be to end it. All I had to do was step off... and, I did."
"Oh, Regina..."
"But, I never hit the ground. Tink saved me, she talked to me. She made me feel worthy of a future filled with love and happiness. I didn't believe her so she broke every rule in the book with pixie dust. It led me to a man in a pub... he had a lion tattoo. He was supposed to be my true love."
"Who was he?" Emma asks curiously.
"I never went in... I couldn't accept that I deserved anything good."
"Wait, a lion tattoo-?" Emma asks frankly.
"Yes, on his wrist."
"Look..." she says softly before lifting her shirt, she turns to show me her ribcage and I see a tattoo of what looks like a constellation.
"It's the constellation Leo."
"The lion..." I whisper as my hand ghosts over her tattooed, milky skin, "it is destiny..."
As I study her strong, muscular back I notice scars that look as though she was whipped and my heart aches. She quickly pulls her shirt back on and she smiles shyly.
"How?! I wasn't even born yet."
"Bingo!"
"What about the pub guy?"
"Magic can be unpredictable and unstable."
"I think that's an understatement." Emma chuckles.
She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and she couldn't look more radiant or beautiful, she's almost glowing....
Glowing? Oh shit....
Suddenly, Emma is enveloped in a white smoke that levitates her from the ground much like what happened to me. As the event comes to an end, Emma is lying on her side in the floor.
"E-Emma?"
She begins to stir and her beautiful green eyes open slowly. Her features look more youthful as well, she's both beautiful and adorable.
"G-Gina?"
"Yeah, honey. I'm here."
"I- what the hell happened?" She asks confused as she examines the white shroud she's wrapped in, "The hell is this?" She grumbles in a similar tone to mine when I came to. I can't help but to laugh at this. She snaps her fingers and she's dressed in her typical attire but she's now donning a blue leather jacket. I recognize it from the first night she came to Storybrooke, she looked so beautiful even though I wouldn't have ever admitted it at the time.
"I like your jacket."
"I needed a change," she chuckles, "is this what it feels like?"
"What?"
"Us being together? Being the Pinnacles? It really feels this good?"
"Yes, dear. I believe so."
"Do I look as young as I feel?" She whines playfully.
"How old do you feel exactly?"
"18. BH."
"BH?"
"Before Henry."
"Subtle."
"But, why?"
"Because it was meant to be..." a gentle, masculine voice adds. We glance around frantically but cannot find the source of the voice.
"Who said that? Where are you?"
"The Creator..."
"Of what?"
"Of all... it was I that created the realms, I created your capacity to create Truest Love and it was I that created the Blessing of the Pinnacles."
"What has become of us, Creator?"
"Regina was indeed correct. This is your reward for fulfilling the prophecy..."
"I don't understand..." Emma continues, "what happened to us."
"While your souls and memories remain intact, your physical bodies came to match the damaged young women within you, you are what you both saw in other... You both have suffered great tragedy, your reward is to go back and live the life you were meant to with her for all eternity. Together you both will reign over the now complete world, maintain peace."
"Peace? You expect me... the Evil Queen... to maintain peace?"
"Regina... your path was the hardest and I'm sorry for that. You must know it wasn't what you deserved... but, peace isn't always won with peaceful actions. Sometimes, it takes war and casualty. Something you have experience with... the difference is, you now understand the value and implications of mercy. What a valuable lesson to share. You, Regina, were always meant to do great things... now is the time to begin anew. Do not doubt my plan for you and, above all, do not doubt Emma's love for you and her faith in you. Trust her...."
"I understand..."
Emma takes Regina's hand gently and squeezes it supportively.
"And, Emma... you too have walked a weary path of pain and disappointment. But, you never ever let your light burn out. Emma, before you were even born... you were loved. Before your mother even knew you, you were loved. Regina's love for you has always been there, it just took time for her to be able to share it with you. Through all of her hatred, she couldn't understand why she was unable to obliterate that last shred of love inside of her. Because it was not hers to destroy... Emma, it's not about who is worth dying for... it's about who is worth LIVING for. Have faith that Regina will never abandon you, she stayed alive for you even if she didn't know it at the time. Through everything, good and bad, she's been right here. Her steadfastness and loyalty in your friendship comes from her love for you and her need to have you in her life. Believe in that and you'll be unstoppable."
The warmth and love they feel is unmistakable, this being may not be God but they're terribly close.
"Will we ever see you, Creator?"
"Soon, my Children. Our realm is the last to become One."