1-10: Suspicions

INT. DOYLE KITCHEN

Annie stands making popcorn, the phone at her ear, "Having fun? Never mind, I'm sure you are. I have big, big news for you..." Annie says

Lester, a large ferocious-looking German shepherd, trots happily into the kitchen, spies Annie and walks over to her. He nudges her legs with his head, "Oops! Hold on a minute..." She turns and reaches for Lester uncertainly, "Hi Lester..." Lester Growls at her menacingly, "Lindsey, Lindsey! (into phone) I'm about to be ripped apart by the family dog." Lindsey trots into the room, "Get him out of here! Here, Lester."

Immediately Lester walks over to the back door. Lindsey opens the door and the dog trots out.

Then Lindsey closes the back door and walks back into the living room, Annie once again speaks into phone, "I hate that dog. I'm the only person in the world he doesn't like."

Laurie speaks on a V.O. into the phone, "What's this big, big news?"

"What would you say if I told you that you were going to the Homecoming Dance tomorrow night?" Annie asks

INTERCUT WITH LAURIE IN THE DEN, "I'd say you must have the wrong number."

"Well, I just talked with Ben Tramer

and he got real excited when I told him how attracted you were to him

and he got real excited when I told him how attracted you were to him." Annie finally spills

"Annie you didn't. Tell me you didn't." Laurie begs

"You guys will make a fabulous couple." Annie says

"You know how I feel about Jamari." Laurie says

"You have yet to ask him out and he has yet to ask you out! I'm doing both of you a favor." Annie explains

INT. DOYLE LIVING ROOM

Tommy walks to the front window and looks out. TOMMY'S POV -- STREET A couple TRICK-OR-TREATERS walk by.

Behind them, across the street, stands the shape, looking into the house.

EXT. STREET -- DOYLE HOUSE

Camera is behind the shape, looking into the Doyle house. We can see Laurie talking on the phone.

The shape's head moves slightly and We Pan to see Tommy at the front room window looking out.

Tommy moves away from the window. Pan Back to see him enter the den and pull on Laurie's blouse.

INT. DOYLE HOUSE

"Laurie..." Laurie says

Laurie speaks into the phone, "I'm so embarrassed. I couldn't face him..."

Annie speaks on a V.O, "You'll have to. He's calling you tomorrow to find out what time to pick you up."

Laurie responds panicked, "Annie!"

"Laurie, the Boogeyman is outside. Look!" Tommy shouts

Tommy runs to the window in the den and points. Laurie walks over with the phone and looks with Ellie.