2-9: Shit Happened

Sheriff Garris surveys the campgrounds suspiciously. The two officers approach him, "So what's the story here?" Thornton asks

"Why don't you boys nose around. I gotta go break the news to Megan's friends about what's happened. Holler if you see anything." The Sheriff orders

"Like what?" Officer Pappas asks

The Sheriff heads for the lit counselor's cabin, "Anything that don't belong. And don't wake the kids." He requests

WIDE ON SCENE The two officers take out their flashlights. They spread out and scan the area.

The Raging wind causes everything to Whistle and move.

CUT TO: INT. COUNSELOR'S CABIN ANGLE ON CLOSED DOOR Knocking is Heard on it.

"Girls? It's Sheriff Garris." Garris says

Slowly he opens the door and sticks his head in. PRESS IN SHOCKINGLY - ON HIS FACE He is horrified!

The entire room is Splattered With Blood. It drips from the ceiling and streaks down the walls.

BACK TO SHERIFF Quickly, he bolts out of the room.

EXT. CAMP FOREST GREEN

The sheriff races down the steps and heads for the children's dormitories.

CUT TO: EXT. LAKE FOREST GREEN - BOAT LANDING - NIGHT

Officer Thornton's flashlight scans the two boats along the small dock. Nothing unusual here.

ANGLE ON SHADOWED WOODS Although we can't see anyone in the Wind-Rustled bushes, we sense Jason is watching the lone cop.

TIGHT ON JASON'S COMMANDO BELT, His hand withdraws a long, razor-sharp devil dart.

ANGLE ON OFFICER With his back to us, the unsuspecting cop concludes his search of the landing and turns around.

His flashlight now focuses on the woods before him. PAN ACROSS SHADOWED WOODS We Follow the flashlight beam as it surveys the windswept area.

Jason Is Illuminated! He raises up the sinister dart. TIGHT ON OFFICER Recognizing a weapon in this prowler's hand, he goes for his revolver.

CLOSE ON JASON'S ARM With supernatural strength, he throws the deadly projectile at us.

ANGLE ON OFFICER Before he can pull his gun, The Devil Impales Itself Deep Into His Forehead. The force of it sends him reeling back.

The Tarp-Covered Boat, Officer Thornton's body falls into it. His lifeless eyes stare up at the sky. The dart extends from his third eye.

CUT TO: INT. BOY'S DORMITORY CABIN SHERIFF'S P.O.V.

A row of sleeping boys stacking Z's in their cots. ANGLE ON SHERIFF Standing in the doorway, the sheriff quietly closes the door.

EXT. CAMP FOREST GREEN - NIGHT

The panicked sheriff now rushes across to the girls' dorm.

INT. GIRL'S DORMITORY CABIN

As silently as possible, he opens the door and peeks it. He carefully surveys all the slumbering occupants. The sheriff suddenly registers alarm.

SHERIFF'S P.O.V. All the girls are nestled contentedly in their beds...except one. The covers have been kicked off and her pillow lies on the floor.

Little Nancy is missing...

CUT TO: EXT. LAKE FOREST GREEN - NIGHT

The infamous lake is churning in the moonlight. Rack Focus as Officer Pappas steps before us.

It's apparent that he's getting tired of searching for God-knows-what. TRACK WITH OFFICER His flashlight scans the windblown, vibrating bushes.

Suddenly, Footsteps are Heard on the other side of the bushes. ANGLE ON OFFICER He stops abruptly and strains to listen.

Tentatively, he creeps toward the bushes. OFFICER'S P.O.V. We Head toward whatever is hiding behind the trembling shrubbery.

ANOTHER ANGLE - ON OFFICER PAPPAS Reaching the brushes, he calls out, "Alright, come out of there!" ANGLE ON BUSHES No reply. BACK ON OFFICER He draws his revolver and aims it. He knows someone's there, "I'm askin' you one more time ...come out of there!"

Still no response. MOVING SHOT - FOLLOWING OFFICER With his gun held before him, the nervous officer goes for a closer look.

TIGHT ON HIS FACE Tension builds as he comes closer. RESUME ON MOVING SHOT - FOLLOWING HIM He is almost to the bushes.

Without Warning, Someone Dives Before Us And Attacks His Leg. He gasps aloud. ANGLE ON OFFICER AND NANCY The frightened child holds on to Pappas for dear life.

He catches his breath, then crouches down next to her, "Hey, hey, what are you doing running around out here? Now you get back to bed." He says kindly

She squeezes his leg even tighter, "No. There's a scary man." Nancy says very terrified

The good-looking officer smiles with amusement, "What scary man?" Pappas asks

Jason Explodes Out Of The Bushes. Nancy Runs Shrieking Toward The Camp. Officer Pappas Opens Fire On Jason.

The Bullets Penetrate His Chest, But He Keeps Coming. ANGLE ON OFFICER Suddenly Jason is before him.

His powerful hand reaches out and grabs the officer's Screaming face. TIGHT ON OFFICER'S FACE Jason's Fingers Dig In To The Cops Skin.

He Yanks Down, Literally Ripping The Skin Off His Skull. A Bloody Grinning Skull Stares At Us For A Moment, Then Drops From View.

CUT TO: EXT. CAMP FOREST GREEN - NIGHT

The Sheriff's Car Door is thrown open. The sheriff reaches in and quickly pulls out his shotgun. WIDER Leaving the door open, he sprints across the camp towards the gunshots.

MOVING SHOT - ON SHERIFF As he rounds the corner of a cabin, Nancy comes Screeching toward him.

He catches the child and attempts to comfort her, "Hold on. Take it easy. I got you. Everything is fine." He assured

ANGLE ON SHERIFF AND NANCY As he hugs her, he looks up at the boys' dormitory cabin.

SHERIFF'S P.O.V. All the children are pressed against the windows, staring down terrified.

WIDER Quickly, the sheriff picks Nancy up and heads for the cabin.

INT. BOY'S DORMITORY CABIN

Sheriff Garris bursts into the cabin. All the girls have gathered in the boys' cabin for safety.

He puts little Nancy down and addresses the petrified youngsters, "Kids, listen to me very carefully. I want everyone to lie down on the floor and stay there. Do not get up until I come back. Now hurry."

There are Various Shots Of Kids Hitting The Floor Some cover their heads, others crawl under the cots.