1-16: Final Round...

LAURIE'S POV -- KITCHEN

From the living room we see into the kitchen. The back door is open. ANGLE ON LAURIE Laurie doesn't move.

She begins crying softly, her eyes wide with fear, "Please stop... Please..."

Silence. No movement anywhere in the house. Slowly Laurie sinks down to her knees by the couch.

CLOSE SHOT --KNITTING NEEDLES

Her hand brushes against the knitting needles protruding from her tote bag.

ANGLE ON LAURIE -- COUCH, She reacts to the feel of the knitting needles and pulls one out.

It is long and deadly sharp. She stares at it. Suddenly the shape leaps up from behind the couch!

He springs at her, plunging the butcher knife. ANGLE ON COUCH The blade of the butcher knife THUMPS into the couch.

ANGLE ON LAURIE -- SHAPE Instinctively Laurie raises the knitting needle and drives it home, right into the shape's neck!

The shape springs backward, clawing at the needle, rolling his head back and forth. Then suddenly he freezes, hands outstretched, motionless, and falls in a heap on the floor.

Laurie sits there. The shape doesn't move. Laurie begins to cry again, harder and harder.

CUT TO: EXT. STREET -- NIGHT CAMERA MOVES WITH LOOMIS as he moves along the street. Suddenly two headlights hit him and a police car swerves to a stop next to him.

Brackett gets out, "Where were you? I went back to the Myers house..." Brackett responds

"I found the car! He's here!" Loomis shouts

"Where!" Brackett shouts

"Three blocks down. Get in the car and go up that other street then back down here. I'm going up the block." Loomis responds

Brackett turns and hurries back to the car. Loomis starts up the street again as Brackett pulls off in the other direction.

Jamari pulls up in his car, "Did you just say someone's in the house down the block?" Jamari asks

"A Being Of Pure Evil." Loomis responds

Jamari's eyes widen, "GET IN!" He shouts
Loomis raises his eyebrow, "NOW!!!"

Loomis gets in and Jamari pulls off with a passion of speed.

CUT TO: INT. DOYLE HOUSE -- NIGHT

WIDE SHOT of the living room. Laurie is on one side of frame, the motionless shape lying behind the couch on the other.

Slowly Laurie stands up, stares at the shape and then moves to the staircase. Slowly, painfully, Laurie climbs up the stairs.

INT. BEDROOM

Ellie, Tommy and Lindsey are huddled in a corner WHIMPERING softly. The door opens and Laurie steps in.

The three children run to her Crying. She holds them in her arms tightly and nudges the door shut with her foot.

"It's all right now. Shhh, it's all right..." She says, She takes the children back to the bed and sits down with them, "Now I want you to change your clothes, Tommy. We're going to take a walk outside."

"Was it the Boogeyman?" Tommy asks

"I'm scared!" Lindsey shouts

"There's nothing to be scared of now. Get changed." Laurie says

"Are you sure?" Ellie asks

"Yes." Laurie responds

"How?" Tommy asks