Ballers (Part 10) : The Salem trials

December 26th, had been a day that Alice always looked forward to, even more than Christmas day. Perhaps it was because , growing up in England, it was the day of the best sales and shopping discounts. So even if she enjoyed the similar Black Friday deals in America, she still enjoyed the tradition of boxing day shopping. There was always something so enthralling about finding good deals and indulge herself in treats and products that she would otherwise have never bought. The minute she opened her eyes, with Jordans arms wrapped around her waist, Alice could only think of one thing - Cassie! She felt a unique sense of responsibility, the sort of expectation that a bridal makeover might carry on a bride's special day. She felt Cass's life and possibly even Yan's happiness with her relationship hinged on Alice's skills at makeup, fashion and the female support Cass was going to need from her that day.
Jordan stirred awake, and one look at Alice's wide eyed stare at the ceiling, reminded her of what the day might hold in store. "Hey, you were awesome with Cass yesterday and you are going to be even more amazing today. It just comes naturally to you, don't worry babe", she mumbled sleepily. Alice turned to Jordan , gave her a kiss and said,"ok, I know you have a busy day with your physio clients but your job is to pick us back up from Salem this afternoon and help us damsels with the heavy shopping bags, haha. And, to help us all relax at the end of the day. Don't be late picking us up!" Alice jumped out of bed and headed over to Yan's bedroom to make sure her partners in crime were awake. " Rise and shine, girls! The early birds get the best deals in the shops!" Yan was big-spooning Cass under the sheets, but she definitely caught sight of the black spaghetti straps of whatever Cass was wearing. "Cass, can you wash your hair, have a close shave and get some moisturiser on your face as soon as, please. I can get to work on you in an hour after getting myself ready too. I am so excited!" Cass could hear the excitement in her voice. He smiled, but there was a certain nervous twinge that ran through his body and he felt a little shiver. Yan sensed it and squeezed him tight and whispered,"You are going to be great today. I will let you get settled with Alice before I get up myself." Cass decided to listen to Alice's instructions. She had even instructed which shampoo and conditioner he should be using. He noticed his facial hair growth was thinning a little but it only made it easier to get a close shave. Yan had warned Cass that Alice was a perfectionist and used to work part time as a makeup artist in Macy's. So while she was very good, she expected her clients to invest their time and effort too.
Yan heard Cass come out of the shower with his hair tied up in a towel, like he had been instructed to do. She peeked from her place on the bed, as he applied a generous amount of moisturiser all over his face. She got the sense that Cass was looking forward to this, even if he was nervous about it all. She decided to get up. " Ok , let me make you your favourite licorice green tea, and make sure its on Alice's vanity table, and let her pamper and spoil you silly!" She went up to Cass sitting on the edge of the bed, and leaned down to give him a deep kiss. "I really really want you to enjoy it Cassie, just go with the flow and live in the moment for once. You know we are all rooting for you". She went to the kitchen, and noticed Alice was having a mug of coffee, watching some YouTube videos, clearly preparing herself to put her makeover skills and knowledge to full use.
Alice gave her a hug and asked if Yan was ok and if she thought Cass was. "I think he's looking forward to it. All I am going to ask you is this - keep him safe?" Yan said, giving Alice a wink. Alice had a smile but looked Yan in the eye and said with all seriousness,"This, is as important a day for me as the day Jordan asked me to move in with her. In fact, there is probably more at stake when I have been trusted with such a responsibility. Don't worry sweetheart!"
Yan took Cass's tea in and decided to get herself ready and check back in on them later. She had a lot of stuff to do for her college work and her mind switched to the project work and how she could apply the image recognition to Cass's situation. She knew software was hard to fool, but she genuinely was hoping Alice would work her magic and pull it off , for Cassie's sake . Jordan had changed and left for her appointments and wished Alice good luck with her mission for the day.