Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

Saxton tried to focus on the delicious smell of his first cup of coffee. Taking a sip, he let the warm liquid run down his throat. Then he let out a string of foul curses. He’d been cock-blocked by a fiery little blonde, not much bigger than Sailor.

He let his mind drift to the feeling of Sailor’s soft skin and her smell. His body immediately reacting. Another string of curses escaped him as his cock hardened. He looked down at the tent in his pants and muttered. “I know, things had been going so well before her friend had showed up.”

Walking into his bathroom and placing his cup down on the counter, he noticed Sailor’s clothes folded neatly next to her shoes on the ground. He liked the way her stuff looked in his home, and his chest did that involuntary tightening thing again.

With a sigh, he turned on the shower. Looks like I’ll be taking care of myself this morning. Slipping off his pajama pants, he stepped under the warm spray of water and soaped the hard ridges of his muscular frame.

His thoughts went to Sailor as his hand drifted to his painfully hard cock. A moan escaped his lips as he fisted it and stroked his length. After the morning’s events, it didn’t take him long to find his release. His body tensed, and his heart raced. Lifting his free hand to the cool tile, Saxton steadied himself. Sailor’s name was still on his lips as the warm water washed away the last remnants of his hot seed.

He stepped from his shower and tried to focus on anything but Sailor as he toweled off. He had to get his head in the game before he met the team today. There could be needed no distractions—even the distraction of the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen.

A while later, Saxton exited the elevator and walked past Al, who sat at his desk. “Mornin’, Al. You doing okay?”

“Always, Mr. Sax.” Al sounded cheerful. “Hope you have a good day.”

“Thanks, Al. You, too.” With a nod, Saxton was exiting through the lobby doors.

In the parking garage, he noticed Sailor’s car was already gone. With a smile, he mounted his motorcycle and put on his helmet. He revved the engine a

couple of times then clicked the motorcycle into neutral and rolled it back from his spot. Putting it in gear, he exited the garage.

Within minutes, he at the building and heading up to Dalton’s office. He’d just passed the office next to Dalton’s when a familiar voice hollered, “Ah, the quarterback does own a shirt.”

He stopped abruptly and cringed as he turned and peered into the office. “Harley? What are you doing here?”

She sat back in her chair and steepled her fingers like an evil villain from the movies. “I’m Dalton’s new assistant.” He nodded to her and took a moment to process the new information before asking “Do you have a minute? I think we need to chat.”

Harley motioned for him to enter and Saxton stepped into her office, shut the door then sat in one of the chairs in front of her desk. She eyed him as he thought about what he wanted to say.

He chose his words with caution. “Look, Harley, I don’t know why you have a problem with me, but I swear my intentions toward Sailor are only good. There’s something really special about her.”

Harley leaned forward, placing one of her elbows on the desk and resting her chin in her hand. She drummed her fingers on her cheek and studied him. After a few moments her hazel eyes landed on his.

“You know what, quarterback? You’re right. Sailor is special. She’s been my best friend for ten years. Fun fact: Sailor doesn’t date, and I’ve never seen her in love. I think it’s because your evil ex did a number on her in high school. That bitch broke her, and I’ll be damned if I see her go back to the shattered little bird she was when I first met her. She doesn’t let people in very easily, but when she does, she has the kindest heart of anyone I know. I’ve watched as she’s done her best to build a wall around that heart. Maybe, she’s scared to let in anyone because they’ll reject her? Maybe, she just doesn’t want to be hurt. I really don’t know why. What I do know is, in just a couple of days, you’ve been knocking down bricks in her wall, and that’s why I have a problem.