Chpt.3 - Youtubers at lunch

Johnnie POV

'Oh god, oh god, oh god!' is what kept repeating in my head as i walked away from Jake.

Did i do something wrong?

Should i have said something else?

'Ugh, Johnnie stop overthinking, everything is fine.'

Maybe Jake isn't as bad as i thought?

Well, i'll just have to find out, i guess.

_._._._._

It's been two days since i last talked to Jake.
I've seen him with Jack and William a couple of times, but i've always gone the other way, not being able to handle the bullying.

Today was supposed to be coming some kind of youtuber to the cafeteria at lunch, since his cousin is at our school. He propably decided to do some kind of fan "meet-up" so i just wanna see who he is.

Walking to the cafeteria, i see a lot more people then usually. In the middle was a round table and after that was a long line, atleast 60 people.

I find a corner table, where no one sits at and wait until things go quieter. Deciding i'm a bit thirsty i stand up to go to the other end of the room to get some water.

It seems quite unlikely for someone to notice me, since there are so many people in here.

Boy was i fucking wrong.

"Oh look who's here, he hasn't had his lunch yet! Here! Have mine!"

A laughing Jack was heard and before i knew it, i was dumped cold soup on top of me.

"Have something to drink also!"

Laughing was heard on either sides of the cafeteria before there was water on top of me also.
Tears mixed into the soup on my head, i was ready to run away, but before i could do anything i heard someone call my name.

"JOHNNIE! Are you okay?!"

Firm but gentle hands were on my shoulders and a warm breath was on my wet hair as my whole body was starting to shake.

"Hey, hey. Look at me, please." a soft but firm voice said, Jake.

A hand was on my chin, lifting it up and i could suddenly see the warm brown eyes, looking at my blue ones.

"Take deep breaths. With me, okay?"

Jake starting breathing deeply in and out, and i tried to mimic him.
Soon i was much calmer, but really humiliated as everyone was looking at me.

For a second i thought, that Jake would leave, as soon as i calm down a little and my eyes started to look at him a bit anxiously.

Luckily, i was wrong.

Feeling everyones gaze on me, Jake put an arm around my waist and started gently dragging me out of the room, all while looking at me.

From the corner of my eye, i could Jack and William looking at me, with their jaw dropped. And honestly, Jack seemed to be pretty angry as well.

Me and Jake leave the cafeteria before tears finally fall down my eyes and i start rambling:

"I'm so sorry Jake, i got you into this mess. You shouldn't have done that, i- ugh goddamnit! Now Jack and William will say stuff about you and-"

While rambling i had started pacing without even noticing, but Jake stepped in front of me.

"Stop."

I need to go, i need to cut. Now.

"I need to go." I say to him, as i try to walk around Jakes tall body.

Jake quickly puts an arm out and my shoulders bump into his hand, blocking my way out.

"Please, Johnnie. I know you're not okay. Talk to me. Please."

'I don't need any help!' I yell inside my head. 'I just need to be alone!'

"I barely even know you!" I say, a bit more harshly then actually intended.

Hurt fills the chocolate brown eyes.

Shit.

It was propably a bad idea to say that.
I know he was just trying to help, but it was true!

I don't trust people easily, so if he wants me to talk to him, he will have to fucking try.

Jake slowly lowers his hand, and looks at me with a bit sadness in his eyes.

"Don't do something you'll regret." Is all he says before he turns around and walks away.

Jake POV

It hurt. It fucking hurt.

I mean, he was right.

We barely know each other, but still.

I don't know why, but with Johnnie, i just felt like i had to help him, you know?

Like a gut feeling.

I guess he doesn't want the help, but personaly, i just feel like he needs it.

Like i need to do it.

So from now on, i'm gonna try to help him as much as i can.

Atleast i can try.

793 words.

Our boys love to ramble!!!